StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I bought the Coocase S48Liter Luxury a few years back for my Tiger 1050. Since then, I have moved onto a DL650 and I have not been able to get any of the functions other than the running and brake lights to work. I don't recall exactly when it quit working, but I don't think it suffered any traumatic experience.
The automatic lock (locks 30 seconds or so after close) and the remote is not working. I am going to replace the battery in the remote tomorrow, but that shouldn't affect the auto-lock, right?
I have noticed that the case connections are a little loose at the base. This case has been through a lot- 4 cross country trips, plenty of rain, offroad jaunts, and a little snow :mrgreen:. I'll clean those up this week too, bot again, I don't think that would affect the autolock.
I have noticed there is a "reset" button and what appears to be a sensitivity knob. I no longer have the owners manual and was hoping y'all could give me some suggestions.
Thanks!

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,511 Posts
You will likely find that the connector in the base of the topcase ( that fits into the wiring connector in the rack base ) has at least one wire broken.

The tail light and brake light wires are separate from the other circuits. Likely that your "power" wire has broken. This is what powers the circuits the remote operates. Common problem. I had to fix mine twice before I took it apart and rewired/soldered everything with larger wires and better routing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I bought the Coocase S48Liter Luxury a few years back for my Tiger 1050. Since then, I have moved onto a DL650 and I have not been able to get any of the functions other than the running and brake lights to work. I don't recall exactly when it quit working, but I don't think it suffered any traumatic experience.
The automatic lock (locks 30 seconds or so after close) and the remote is not working. I am going to replace the battery in the remote tomorrow, but that shouldn't affect the auto-lock, right?
I have noticed that the case connections are a little loose at the base. This case has been through a lot- 4 cross country trips, plenty of rain, offroad jaunts, and a little snow :mrgreen:. I'll clean those up this week too, bot again, I don't think that would affect the autolock.
I have noticed there is a "reset" button and what appears to be a sensitivity knob. I no longer have the owners manual and was hoping y'all could give me some suggestions.
Thanks!
Same problem on mine. It isn't the remote as far as I can tell. The unit is almost impossible to disassemble and troubleshoot but from what I can tell I have power and no broken wires. I've since given up on the remote and gone to just the ugly red key. If the lights stop working I'll ditch the box totally. All in all it is pretty poor workmanship. Having never tried a Givi I can't say if it is any better though.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,511 Posts
Ramrod, I think it might be worth some time to look at it again. Not hard to pull the cover off the connector in the trunk that locks into the one on the rack. Between it and where the wires go into the latch area I imagine you will find a bad solder joint.

While the quality of the CooCase is not particularly high, the function of it where it can remain unlocked, or locked/unlocked by remote or hard key is better than any other unit I have seen. Worth fixing it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts