StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the Strom - new 2011 Wee is now my mount.

learned on a 200 DR - first road bike was an '06 1200 Bandit - most recent was a 2008 ST1300A, some would say I'm going backwards...i'm saying it's a new set of adventures.

Glad to be aboard.

Still in the process of gathering farkles for the Wee. Will have it set up in time for first big trip next June. Western Canada!

Ride Safe all.

Erik

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Welcome Erik.........Just look for the longest route possible to work. :yesnod: Leave maybe 3 or 4 hours prior to clocking in :mrgreen: But most of all get out and ride & enjoy -

·
Administrator
14,224 Posts
Welcome aboard, Eric!

If you haven't already, check out the Canadian Section in regional forums. We have a good group of Strom riders in Southern Ontario. This weekend we have a bike meet up in Wilberforce. Details are in the forum.

You would be more than welcome if you wanted to come up!

Tom

·
Registered
722 Posts
I also came from a Bandit 1200.. although directly. Eyebrows go up when I mention that to most folks. "From a 1200 to that 650? Really?"

Gets me every time.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Just want to add my welcome. I just traded a Concours 14 and went back to a dl650a so I know what you're talking about. There is no going backwards, there is just a realization of what you really want and need. Loving my 2011 Wee. Keith

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. Glad to be aboard..spent most of yesterday getting the damn caution stickers off the bike and putting on my centre stand. Still fighting with the adhesive on the tank sticker...damn stuff is horrible:headbang:

I'd love to come to Wilberforce for the gathering. I grew up near Coboconk and know that whole area very well. I've been on vacation nearly the whole month of September and as luck would have it I go back to work thursday....how's that for timing...hope it's a great time.

Ride safe all!

·
Registered
722 Posts

Goo Gone. Once you get the top plastic layer off, let this stuff soak in for a bit, then scrape with your fingernail or a plastic tool. Werked fer me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been using Goo Gone! I swear by the stuff! This adhesive is more than a match for it! I just laugh now. Seems all I'm doing is moving the adhesive around.:furious: ah well, I'll go at it again!....after I put on the MadStad and GIVI Screen...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks all. Glad to be aboard..spent most of yesterday getting the damn caution stickers off the bike and putting on my centre stand. Still fighting with the adhesive on the tank sticker...damn stuff is horrible:headbang:

I'd love to come to Wilberforce for the gathering. I grew up near Coboconk and know that whole area very well. I've been on vacation nearly the whole month of September and as luck would have it I go back to work thursday....how's that for timing...hope it's a great time.

Ride safe all!
You can get them started with a hair blower it will take the sticker off then go to the goof off or goo begone for the glue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes all the stickers are off, have been for 2 days. Just toiling with the last bit of adhesive from the tank sticker...I think that was the one that tells you not to take the wheels off and try to ride or "CAUTION: It is dangerous to ride directly into a rock face..." Stupid Stickers.

On the plus side, new GIVI screen/Madstad are on...hope the rain stays away, I'll be riding tomorrow afternoon if I can.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes. "Heads up, motorcycling may be dangerous."
The things we choose to "warn" each other about..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts