StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just another small tire thread. I recently replaced the Conti Trail Attack tires on my wee. I was getting handlebar shake between 70-80 km/h that would correct itself every time when slowing or accelerating.

Last year I changed the head bearings and the issue didn't resolve itself, so I figured it had to be the tires. The front tire still had a lot of rubber left, but continuing with my hunch I bought a new set of Michelin Anakee II's from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.

I had dynabeads in the tires. This time I did not reuse them. I made a homemade balencer with a steelrod and skateboard wheel bearing that worked very well.

Getting the old tires off I used a 10" c-clamp to break the bead. And they were easy enough to spoon off.

Getting the Anakees on was a little more time consuming but still rather easy. Getting the beads to seat just would not happen. It was a couple degrees above freezing in my garage and the rubber was just to stiff at that temperature to get the tire to seat.

I took the tires don't the street to a tire shop where they seated the tires in seconds.

Then when I got the rear tire mounted my brother in law chimes in....."why is that arrow going the wrong way?" arrrrr

So I removed the rear tire and flipped it around and reseated my self.

Steering vibration is gone! And I have already had a ride on wet roads and they work great!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Don't get too excited yet. When my tires were new ( stock TW, Conti Trail Attacks, and BW) they didn't vibrate. I notice the vibration comes later, about halfway through the tires life.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Anakee2 will be the best tire u ever run on the Strom....they just work well!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Steering vibration is gone! And I have already had a ride on wet roads and they work great!
As much as this forum's intelligentsia claim this is not possible, I experienced the same thing - the decel wobble disappeared with the Anakees. :new_shitsmiley:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts