StromTrooper banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
About 6yrs ago I had a Piagio BV500 and man do I miss that scoot! Nothing better than hopping between grocery stores on a warm Sunday morning in flipflops carrying 6 bags of groceries and hitting the highways in the afternoons. I'm now in a 2014 1000 and while I miss the scoot, I love the power and versatility of the vee. Given you ride 2up at times have you considered a 1000?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I think the white ones look great. I don't have one by the way.
I do too and have one....

If I had a choice I consider a burnt orange or red. Did not like my black

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
About 6yrs ago I had a Piagio BV500 and man do I miss that scoot! Nothing better than hopping between grocery stores on a warm Sunday morning in flipflops carrying 6 bags of groceries and hitting the highways in the afternoons. I'm now in a 2014 1000 and while I miss the scoot, I love the power and versatility of the vee. Given you ride 2up at times have you considered a 1000?
Scooters are fun! I think the 650 will have ample power for me coming from the less powerful/torquey Burgman, and I know I'll appreciate having less weight. The 1000 is gorgeous, though - I just think it will be more bike than I need.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I do too and have one....

If I had a choice I consider a burnt orange or red. Did not like my black

I love the white, and it's a pretty rare color for motorcycles. My Burgman has been black for the 9 years I've ridden it, so it's time for a change. I'd consider the silver, but am not a fan of the blue.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Unloaded with a 10k redline ....the Wee can get your adrenaline going ..most including me don't let it wind out. It is after all a Vtwin.

My first Wee was seriously set for touring....there was not a farkle on it I removed and very few added..even the mirrors were adjusted. Right tires, Jesse cases - I just added my top case and a fuel container plus my RAM mount. Shortest test ride EVAH...had for the afternoon - turned around in ten minutes and bought on the spot with a credit card for my cross country trip.

Second Wee was owned from new by an English engineer who longed for a go fast machine ...stripped as far as possible ( tho it had factory luggage it was off ....and from the bits and bobs that came with it he had attempted a number of performance enhancements.
It had 103,000 km and ran smoother than the 2010 ( same model ) with half the mileage. Had a Moose Racing shorty screen and RaceTech setup front end ( very nice ). He did all his own maintenance....meticulous.

I ran it stripped last summer a bit and it gets lively tho I'm spoiled by the CBF.

I got it for a song and is a long term keeper.....he just HAD to have that Hayabusa he was longing for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Guys, I love my Burgman 650 Exec. I first had a Burgman 400 and put over 25000 miles on it. Loved it too. Sold it to buy a KLR 650. It was not good fit. Hurt my back so, I sold it and bought the 650. I also have a 1998 Goldwing that I love. Now I want a V strom 1000. But I will not sell either of my other bikes. I use the Goldwing for two up with my wife, I use the Burgie as my in town vehicle, however, I could use it to tour if need be. I want a V Strom to tour wherever I want to go, dirt or pavement and carry stuff with me. Dang, Now I am shopping for a Vstrom. I'm looking at a 2012 for 7000 or a 2014 for 8800. Both low mileage. JUst not sure which one is the better bike. Any input?????? LOL...I just hope it doesn't get me divorced.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hey Guys, I love my Burgman 650 Exec. I first had a Burgman 400 and put over 25000 miles on it. Loved it too. Sold it to buy a KLR 650. It was not good fit. Hurt my back so, I sold it and bought the 650. I also have a 1998 Goldwing that I love. Now I want a V strom 1000. But I will not sell either of my other bikes. I use the Goldwing for two up with my wife, I use the Burgie as my in town vehicle, however, I could use it to tour if need be. I want a V Strom to tour wherever I want to go, dirt or pavement and carry stuff with me. Dang, Now I am shopping for a Vstrom. I'm looking at a 2012 for 7000 or a 2014 for 8800. Both low mileage. JUst not sure which one is the better bike. Any input?????? LOL...I just hope it doesn't get me divorced.
I owned a Burgman 650 Exec (after owning a V-Strom) for a year and did like it; but, I always had a yearning to go back to the V-Strom.
I have also owned a 2003 and a 2014 DL 1000. I did really like the 2003 but I love the 2014 V2. The V2 is a superior motorcycle including better power, brakes and suspension. In addition, the V2 includes ABS and traction control.

Everyone is different; but, for me, the 2014 V2 is the first bike I owned where I am not looking ahead or dreaming so much about my next motorcycle. It is a great touring motorcycle on highways and backroads, especially Interstates. She is smooth with plenty of power and steady as a rock. For the light off-road that I have done, the V2 performed just fine.

For my money, going with the 2014 for 8,800 is a slam dunk.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts