StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice as well as a potential trade.

Just got my bike. PO weighed about 35 lbs more than me (230 vs. 195) and had a set of racetech gold springs .95 installed. He recommended that I step down to .85.

I'm wondering if anyone here might be interested in a straight trade.
I'm also wondering if anyone weighing 195 has replaced their springs, and what spring rate they went with and how it feels.

i haven't yet checked my sag, which i know i ought to, but i couldswear just from eyeballing it when i relax onto the saddle that the front end of the bike doesn't budge... which doesn't seem likely. :confused:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Looking for some advice as well as a potential trade.

Just got my bike. PO weighed about 35 lbs more than me (230 vs. 195) and had a set of racetech gold springs .95 installed. He recommended I step down to .85.

I'm wondering if anyone here might interested in a stI'm alsowonering if anyone weighing 195 has replaced their springs, and what spring rate they went with and how it feels.

i haven't yet checked my sag, which i know i ought to, but i couldswear just from eyeballing it when i relax onto the saddle that the front end of the bike doesn't budge... which doesn't seem likely. :confused:
Let me guess, previous owner was bald?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me guess, previous owner was bold?
if you mean bald, then yeah - as a bowling ball :mrgreen:

he told me to look you up; we're practically neighbors and i'd LOVE to get some tips on places to ride, or a guided tour of some of your favorites if you're feeling really generous :) (i'm hoping to explore the pine barrens some day - never been down there)

definitely want to pick your brain on some of the arduino stuff you've done - noticed that in another post of yours and i'm intrigued

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
if you mean bald, then yeah - as a bowling ball :mrgreen:

he told me to look you up; we're practically neighbors and i'd LOVE to get some tips on places to ride, or a guided tour of some of your favorites if you're feeling really generous :) (i'm hoping to explore the pine some day - never been down there)

definitely want to pick your brain on some of the arduino stuff you've done - noticed that in another post of yours and i'm intrigued[/]

Lol :I knew it was Kevin, nobody has such a v-strom
Will do, we are neighbours indeed. Gonna ride this Saturday actually with Guzman
I actually work in JC
Enjoy your 'super wee', one very capable bike

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol :I knew it was Kevin, nobody has such a v-strom
Will do, we are neighbours indeed. Gonna ride this Saturday actually with Guzman
I actually work in JC
Enjoy your 'super wee', one very capable bike
thanks!

any change you're up to let a noob strommer tag along with you guys? wife is giving me a shabbos pass to play motorcycles :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
thanks!

any change you're up to let a noob strommer tag along with you guys? wife is giving me a shabbos pass to play motorcycles :thumbup:
Sure, let's take it off line, I'll PM you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts