StromTrooper banner

Connectors - what are they for?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BackPacker 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry, it is maybe a lame question, but a new owner and still discovering my bike :).
I am slowly servicing and cleaning my 07 DL650 and when I removed side fairing there are two unused connectors, just on the left side of the storage box.
What are they for? Can maybe one used for a plus for auxiliary electrical stuff as contact plus?

Also I have another question: I will install alarm on the bike. Where is the easiest to connect to turn signals, so they blink when you arm/disarm the alarm?
Are there any connections near storage box where I could tap into turn signal plus wire?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
At least one of those, and possibly both of them, are diagnostic connectors. You plug a special connector (or a paperclip) in it, and it puts the ECU in diagnostic mode, so the error codes are shown on the display. With the right software and connector you should even be able to get into the ECU directly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.