StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Strobewise (strobewise.com) deceleration-based "brake" light. I have to connect to some wire that gives a string of pulses based on the bike speed. The instructions mention tapping into the ABS system. I found the wires that I'm quite confident come from the rear ABS sensor (Black/Yellow and White/Yellow) and tapped into each one in turn. I found that one was always 12V, and the other always 0V as I hand-rotated the rear wheel. Nothing that looked like pulses when read from a meter.
(I'm looking at a wiring diagram for the ABS system and following the wires from the rear sensor).

I haven't yet connected the actual light module to these or any other wires; I was hoping for something that would give me more confidence before doing so.

Has anyone else hooked up a Strobewise or any other device that wants a pulse signal that indicates bike speed? If so, what did you connect to, and where on the bike is it?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Your profile says you don't have a Strom yet. Update that and let us know your year and size. Then maybe we can give more specific help. Also, a link the the Strobewise instructions would be great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts