StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing an Eastern Beaver 3CS with three switched circuits on my 2012 Glee. At the same time, I am installing a set of Mondo Motos aux lights.

The aux lights come with a switch, relay and fuse on a nice wiring harness. I plan to install them without a switch so as to be on all the time. Since the 3CS already has a fuse, is there any reason why I shouldn't cut off the relay and fuse and just attach the lights directly to the 3CS?

Is there a benefit to having a fuse in the wiring between the 3CS and an accessory? I would think that the 3CS fuse would suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
You can do a direct connection. I'd leave the switch and relay in though not the fuse. I might want to turn the lights off some time in the future, like when on private property or in a parking lot next to an event where the lights could be troublesome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. The relay and switch are a bit bulky, which is why I was considering discarding them, but you make a good point. The flood lights could be problematic when scoping out an unauthorized campsite, which I have been known to do on occasion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can do a direct connection. I'd leave the switch and relay in though not the fuse. I might want to turn the lights off some time in the future, like when on private property or in a parking lot next to an event where the lights could be troublesome.
I agree, I threw some DR1's onto my Vee. It is nice to have the option for on or off. Especially if you have ever hit a thick fog bank, or hitting a real bank, sometimes you want them lights off!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The spaghetti mess of wiring and the clunky switch were just too much for me, so against better judgment and sage advice I wired them directly in for on all the time. I guess I can always pull the fuse when looking for a gypsy campsite. I saved everything so can put the switch and relay back in later if it becomes an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts