StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own a V-Strom 650 2019.

Having a hard time removing the hi beam light. Pulled the dash out, but it's almost easier to get to it from underneath the beak as it's the lower light bulb. I'm having a really hard time getting my fingers in there to pull down the connector - any suggestions? I am wondering if I'm approaching this completely wrong somehow, but I don't see it...

PDF mentions that hi beam replacement is a 2 minute procedure, so I must not be seeing something.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Any tests done with oncoming cars as to how they like laser beams pointing at them? I think I'll go for the bulbs you tested . I don't ride much at night but if I do I want more fire power and did notice my voltage getting low with heated grips and my aux lights on around town. I'm pretty happy with the way Clearwater Darlas integrate with the bike's wiring. Horn circuit and high beam circuits trigger full bright and the dimmer function on my bars is great for maximizing my visibility when the sun is low and intense. (Also running the Yellow filters)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a switch for the lasers and even on high beam I can turn them off. as the story says the only use it on deserted unlit road.
CSPs are great and will reduce your amperage greatly.

in retrospect, I would get the CVlearwaters too. But I'd still use them with a denali wiring kit.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
I have a switch for the lasers and even on high beam I can turn them off. as the story says the only use it on deserted unlit road.
CSPs are great and will reduce your amperage greatly.

in retrospect, I would get the CVlearwaters too. But I'd still use them with a denali wiring kit.
Do they sell them in Vstrom specific pairs or do you need to buy 2 of each bulb?I just sent them an email. If only available in pairs, anybody want to split a set?

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
They have confirmed I can purchase these bulbs individually for my "Offroad" bike. Didn't know these were not DOT compliant.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up the CSP Minis for the high H11/H16 and low beam H7. The high beam installed easily and fit the housing well. The low beam... didn't. The author was great; he returned my emails and we ended up having a call to talk about installation, but the low beam just isn't as secure as I'd like, due to not being able to fit with the spring clip. I simply can't recommend the low beam.

These bulbs are extremely bright.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I picked up the CSP Minis for the high H11/H16 and low beam H7. The high beam installed easily and fit the housing well. The low beam... didn't. The author was great; he returned my emails and we ended up having a call to talk about installation, but the low beam just isn't as secure as I'd like, due to not being able to fit with the spring clip. I simply can't recommend the low beam.

These bulbs are extremely bright.
You say High beam installed easily? I had a hard time getting it out from my 2019 650 Vstrom. Did you pull it out from the bottom or did you take the dash out?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You say High beam installed easily? I had a hard time getting it out from my 2019 650 Vstrom. Did you pull it out from the bottom or did you take the dash out?
I had the dash off because I was doing the low beam, but I ended up going in from the bottom for the high beam. At first I was blocked by the metal bracket right behind the light, but turning the wheel solved it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the dash off because I was doing the low beam, but I ended up going in from the bottom for the high beam. At first I was blocked by the metal bracket right behind the light, but turning the wheel solved it.
Ok, that sounds promising. Did you pull the connector straight down or is there a clip? thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
For the high beam, connector pulls straight back, bulb turns 90 degrees and pulls straight back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have used Clearwater lights on a few bikes with nothing but high regard for their performance and personal service.
Made in the USA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts