StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a windshield from them, after 7 days the thing still shows pending for the ship date. I called 3 days ago, and they said, that will be shipped tomorrow it was on backorder. :furious:

If you dont have it in stock, DONT LIST IT ON YOUR SITE. or state NOT IN STOCK. If I send you an email, respond to it.

These guys are starting to kill me.:headbang:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I hear ya......As a rule which I adopted many years ago regardless of what I order and who I order it from I always call and ask the sales person - "Can you touch the product? Do you have it in stock on your shelf ready to ship today? Then I follow up with will you ship it out today? And will I receive at tracking number and receipt today. If the seller cannot answer yes to the above.
My business in the click of a mouse moves on to the next website/seller. I have never had an issue buying any products using this method. Ya gotta hold the seller accountable and its not hard to do with just asking a few questions.

A BIG plus for those vendors who tell you what they have in stock on their website usually listed right next to the product description and cost. Adventuremoto.com does a nice job with this marketing concept. And they get repeat sales from me. But I still call and ask about product availability. They could have just processed the order of the last item on the site that day. If the seller has no contact phone number:yikes:...I don't even bother reviewing the site for any products. This is a huge red flag IMHO. If they don't have a phone number to call, how could you check on your order? Anyway....

For what its worth, this works...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
39 Posts
They are very nice on the phone but ae painfully slow in shipping. Back orders are a joke as well. I waited a month for a back order and it did not come in when promised was offerd a different item at a discount but was so angry I passed. I have $30 incredit at the stor that I have been trying t use for some time now, but problems come up every time I went to order.

I will only buy from suporting members on the site and Rockey mountain
(they now sell oem parts so no more service honda for me as well)

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've never had an issue with Comp. Acc.

I look the website over to decide what I want.
I call in to verify the item is in stock and order it with the phone rep.
I get a confirmation email for the order that same day.
I get a confirmation email that the item has shipped the next business day and it's in my hands within a day or two.

It's been that way for the past 7 years.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Not Happy

Wife orders a Mesh Jacket, site claimed that item was in stock and shipping would be about 4 days out. We waited 8 days, no sign of shipping, wrote and asked what's going on, no answer.:furious:

Finally wife called after 10 days, they said Jacket was on back order and didn't know when it would be available. They tried to talk her out of cancelling the order, wife had to explain she needs the Mesh Jacket while it's still summer and hot, not in the fall.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ordered a Givi product from them, because it was the best price I could find. Several other vendors did not even have it in stock. CA's explanation for the delay in actually having the product to ship was basically to blame it on Givi's distribution practices. They could not even commit to a particular time they would have the product, saying it could be a few days, it could be a month. Not cool.

Bottom line is after several weeks I eventually received the order, it was a good price, it was a brand new good quality item. Don't think I would ever order anything from them again, though. If they had said in the product description something like "currently not in stock and don't really know when we can actually get our hands on it" my expectations might have been lower. Or I would have just paid more somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
CA doesn't sound like they are very professional.

Adventuremoto.com.au is great to deal with. :thumbup:

Not to be confused with adventure-moto.com which actually takes you to the godaddy website. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I've had decent experiences with CA, but my first choice is without a doubt Revzilla, followed by Motorcycle Superstore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts