StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who commute to work on your bike, what shoe/boot do you wear? If you wear boots, do you wear those boots (if so what brand/style) all day or do you bring more traditional work shoes to change into?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Military Surplus combat boots... I wear them both on the bike and around the office... but we have a lax dress code here.

I also have some Fluevog Angel boots, but save those for more "formal" occasions.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I wear a roadcrafter 1 pc. suit over my pants/shirt, wear construction boots and keep my dress shoes in the side bags. I keep the jacket at work, as I've not found a convenient way to keep a jacket looking nice on a motorcycle.

I walk in, unzip the roadcrafter, play Mr. Rodgers with the boots/shoes and start my day.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I wear Oxtar Matrix 2 boots and have a pair of shoes at work to change into.

Same. I have the Oxtar Matrix v.1 with the funky flap at the bottom. These boots are so good, they refuse to break or wear out so I can justify buying the v.2 boots.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i leave to two pair of shoes under my desk.
tourmaster solutions for rain. $90

alpinestar vectors for winter,spring,fall and off-road. $160

icon FIELD ARMOR in the summer. $130 (but i got them used for $40)

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Ditto on the Mr. Rogers

Construction boots, waiting on finding the right pair of boots. Change into dress shoes at work, they stay there. Funny you brought up Mr. Rogers, have been joking with coworkers over this for a while. Jacket, pants and boots, change at work every day.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, far it sounds like folks just leave "dress" shoes in the office. My work shoes are also my every day shoes, so I guess I'm stuck with transporting the shoes with me once I get some boots. Don't feel like dropping another $100 bucks on another pair of shoes just to leave at the office.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I ware Milwaukee Classic Harness boots and change into my work shoes at the office.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Alpinestar Ridge boots

and I leave a pair of shoes at the office. I find these boots are low profile and easy on/off.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had been wearing a pair of The North Face Baltoro 400 waterproof, winter outdoor boots for riding to work in the weather, but just yesterday picked up a new pair of Sidi Way Teporo boots (MC specific touring boots) for riding. The toe thickness on the TNF boots was just way too much for upshifting. They did keep me warm and dry, though..

I've yet to try the Sidis as I telecommuted today. (Chance of snow in the forecast = no riding for me. Gambled on that once last week and lost. No fun, I tell ya. It started to snow so hard I had to leave my bike at the bottom of the hill I live on and call the wife to come get me. It is a twisty 800ft elevation gain road that was completely covered in over an inch of new snow, and an inch more fell within the following 30 minutes. Fortunately, I was able to leave my bike at my church (inside, even) so I didn't have to worry about it.)

Right now I am carrying my shoes back and forth, but will soon buy a pair of shoes to leave at the office.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use a pair of Danner, low heal, work boots for riding and shuttle my work shoes back and forth. My job may require me to change locations throughout the day so I've got to have the shoes with me.

I'm using the Danners because I'm a (really) big guy and cannot find any "motorcycle boot" that will fit my VERY wide feet and huge calves. I think I've tried on every pair available for sale in the Portland area.

As far as the laces on the Danners go, I just make sure to either tuck them into the top of the boot or thread them back under the criss-cross laces so I don't have any dangles...

I read somewhere here that one guy uses his tankbag to carry his shoes. I don't think that would work for me, but it's something to keep in mind.

ESM

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I use my motorcycle boots and leave a pair of shoes at the office.
This is what I will be doing this season. New boots this year, last season I just wore my working shoes (walking shoes) to and from work on the bike.

·
Stromtrooper $upporter
555 Posts
I leave a pair of shoes at the office and wear ICON SuperDuty 3 boots on the bike.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Just wear my steel toe boots that I have to wear to work anyway, Don't have to worry about getting wet much.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts