StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some rust prevention spray stuff called fluid-film that prevents rust from forming on metal. Goes on clear and can last up to a year. Can be sprayed everywhere too. Won't hurt paint or rubber or plastic stuff.

Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor

Lubricates too and nearly impossible to wash off although eventually it wears off or whatever.

$13 at Walmart up here in Canada.

I was wondering what to spray on the bike now? Anyone have rust forming on their bikes they could describe to me? Or take a picture so i know what to pay attention to? It seems dumb to just coat everything in this stuff.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
My bike sleeps outside 365/year and this is what I've noticed:
The fork tubes tend to rust, that and the underside of the gas tank; a lot of fasteners can rust too, but I haven't seen any on mine yet.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I commute yr round with my 07. No rust spots, but there are a few big flakes that came off the r/h side engine case. About the size of a loonie, and white powdery underneath.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Year round riding. All weather. Garaged now, but a year outside earlier. No rust except fasteners, which I replace with SS as I maintain and accessorize.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I commute yr round with my 07. No rust spots, but there are a few big flakes that came off the r/h side engine case. About the size of a loonie, and white powdery underneath.
A loonie? Is that like a loogie?

My outboards do that after a while; a section of paint lifts, exposing white powder residue underneath. Moisture must get under the paint and corrosion bubbles up the "skin."

·
Registered
201 Posts
A loonie? Is that like a loogie?

My outboards do that after a while; a section of paint lifts, exposing white powder residue underneath. Moisture must get under the paint and corrosion bubbles up the "skin."
This is the best I could find (cuz I didn't know what it was at first ;))

same experience as you re corrosion. clearly, having to leave a bike outside, all that condensation forming... very bad, eventually.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts

I've got similar white powdery on the left side, but not the size or shape of a loonie or tooney with the center fallen out :green_lol:

my corrosion is more of a stream, and from ethanol most likely in gasoline that puked out of my overflow on hot day when I overfilled the tank

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts