StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked on the Strom and didn't find a dedicated thread for seat comfort...if there is one, perhaps someone might direct me? I thought after adding a lift/forward spacer for my handlebars, it might have fixed the seat problem but it doesn't. The old nads just don't enjoy the stock seat at all! I know most new seats are expensive but just like everyone else, I'm looking for comfort and affordability:oops:...

Registered
Check the for sale section of the forum.
Seats are expensive. I was lucky to get a new Sergeant for $50.00 from a friend who had sold his bike after ordering the seat otherwise I would likely still be riding stock. Everyone has different needs, but at 6 ft, 170 pounds and relatively slim the Sargeant makes a big difference for me and also for my wife as pillion.

Registered
+1 for the Sit-n-Fly. I did that for a couple of years.

Putting a Terry Adcox on my bike was really life changing. I paid $500 for a 鈥渄ouble bucket鈥 (rider and pillion) and waited several months for my turn to send him my seat. Once he got my seat, I think he was done in a month. I can easily ride 500 mile days back to back now. My wife is good for all day riding now too.

If this one is still for sale, and you don鈥檛 need one set up for a pillion, this is a great deal.

attached is a shot when I was in the Badlands. Bucket seats look funny, but man are they comfortable.

Attachments

Reactions: Byronw

Registered
The Adcox seat on my 2012 650 was terrific, the Russell Day Long seats I've had are great too. Ask yourself how long you'll own the bike and how many long days you'll do on it. I'm not an Iron Butt rider but I will do 10 or 12 four hundred mile days each summer on my solo road trips. Those seats are worth every dollar. For me, it's better than an aftermarket exhaust, nicer luggage, or some other accessories I could spend money on. Every minute I'm on the bike, that seat matters.

Registered
Try a SitnFly seat cover first. Might be the best $25 you spend馃憤
Yep, Sit&Fly is one of the best (and cheapest) accessories I鈥檝e put on my 2015 650XT. For me, the seat has become a non-issue for the 200mile-ish rides I鈥檝e tried so far. Might do a multi-thousand mile this summer. Try that first, can order direct from Israel. Sit&Fly - seat cover -

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, curious...why are you not using it? Did you not like the seat for some reason?

Registered
2012 Suzuki DL650A
I looked on the Strom and didn't find a dedicated thread for seat comfort...if there is one, perhaps someone might direct me? I thought after adding a lift/forward spacer for my handlebars, it might have fixed the seat problem but it doesn't. The old nads just don't enjoy the stock seat at all! I know most new seats are expensive but just like everyone else, I'm looking for comfort and affordability:oops:...
I'm in the same boat. Not sure if handlebar risers up and back would help the issue, but the gonads definitely do not like the stock seat on any length rides.

Registered
Hmm, wonder if the messenger is working on Stromtrooper? No one responds to the Terry's seat or Seat Concept seat that were posted on this thread...
Saw your message, but someone else was paying asap. Had alot of interest and a fast buyer.

Was a good seat, doing something different for now.

Registered
LOL I wear boxers and usually will wear boxer briefs on a long ride. Last summer I took an africa twin for a test ride and I LOVED the riding position. Seemed much more nut friendly. But it was expensive and my V-strom is paid for. And I already have a seat concepts regular height seat (which was an improvement) so I looked into bars. I went with Pro Taper Adventure high bars and a 3/4" riser. And I lowered the pegs with a kit from adventure tech. Much much more comfortable on those 100 plus mile rides. I'm 5'10" but my knees are smoked. That was as big a problem as the boys getting squished.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So...anyone out there purchase one of these special seats, Corbin, Seat Concepts, Russell, Adcox...and found them not quite as comfortable as was hoped, especially with the high cost of the seats? Seems like the Seat Concepts are about the cheapest but of course you have to install the seat cover on your existing seat...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts