StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...these BC guys are ruling our Canadian thread.

Who's been out? Who's still on for the April 29th? Who's gonna come over to my house and install my new tires for me?

Seriously though, about the tires. Who here does his/her own installations? I have a new set of Dunlops sitting in my garage and I have a lift. I'm thinking I should invest in some tire irons and get to it. I have some friends that can do machining for me and this wheel balancer doesn't look like it would be all that hard to fab.

Any tips or pointers from the gallery?

http://www.marcparnes.com/Suzuki_Motorcycle_Wheel_Balancer.htm

·
Registered
156 Posts
The BC guys have 18-20°C + sun, we have flurries with more to come. Had to scrape the snow off the cage this morning.

But I did ride Monday and Tuesday. Been riding, since early March.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The BC guys have 18-20°C + sun, we have flurries with more to come. Had to scrape the snow off the cage this morning.

Ya, sucks to be us. Its white here this morning as well.

So, you're the first post. You gonna come over and help with the new tires?

·
Registered
188 Posts
We had 4 cm of snow yesterday and it still falling.... We're apparently due for 5 to 10 more cm during the day...:cry: :cry: :cry:

And it was almost all down to asphalt last weekend. The joys of living north I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was in Grand Rapids, Michigan last week. It was beautiful, sun, green grass, golf courses open, spectacular. Here we are, some 6 hours drive away and we still had snowbanks here and there. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
It looks like Northern Ontario will be covered in snow for the upcoming long weekend so all I can do is tinker with the Wee (putting hand-guards on) and watch the snow fall. Curses! :(

- Martin

·
Registered
636 Posts
Damn snow, GRRRR. I bet the road folks will be laying down another batch of salt as well, more GRRRR.

As for tires Heavy, I don't have any tire spoons. A few people I ride with do so I'll be getting them to help me put on the new hoops then run over to St. Onge for balancing. I think they charge $20 per wheel on their fancy eletronic machine.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Sheperd, the recent rain wiped a lot of the sand and crap off the roads too. Now we're back at the beginning.

How long before you put on the new hoops? I'm going to work at getting some form of balancer if I'm doing my own tires. You're more than welcome to use it, if you want to and if I get it in time.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey Sheperd, the recent rain wiped a lot of the sand and crap off the roads too. Now we're back at the beginning.

How long before you put on the new hoops? I'm going to work at getting some form of balancer if I'm doing my own tires. You're more than welcome to use it, if you want to and if I get it in time.
My tires are OTW now, I could do the old fashioned balancing as I know some peeps who have a wheel stand and balancer / weights. They did it by hand and were very close to what the electronic one came up with for balancing a tire.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Apr 29/07

Shepherd
As far as I know,my brother and I are attendending and are looking forward to your ride,so add 2x wee's to your list.Neither of us is any good with tires.
23 days and counting!
Gerhard:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked-up my 07 DL650

Hello everyone!

I'm a new rider (2nd year) and I just bought a grey 07 650 with ABS. I am also new to this forum....but it's great to see all of the information in one spot! Hats off to the administrator!

I live in Oakville Ontario...so I guess I should try to hook-up with some "Stromers" in this area.

I ride most of the time with my 16 year old son...he is riding an old 84 GSX750(for obvious reasons). If he drops it......it's not my new ride!

Our best friends got me and my whole family into riding recently. They have a couple of new Bandits.....but I like my Strom better!

:-D

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
Shepherd
As far as I know,my brother and I are attendending and are looking forward to your ride,so add 2x wee's to your list.Neither of us is any good with tires.
23 days and counting!
Gerhard:mrgreen:
Hey Gerhard!

Speak for yourself! I could always change bicycle tires no problem! I changed the tires on my Honda 90 tons of times!

..Tom

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just out a week ago to pick mine up and it's been raining and/or snowing ever since. Put a "whopping" 80 km on her (insert sarcasm here) When I saw the sun this morning I thought I could spend my day off riding until I saw it was -6!!!
Forseti and I are still on for the 29th ride so see everyone then!

Mags

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just out a week ago to pick mine up and it's been raining and/or snowing ever since. Put a "whopping" 80 km on her (insert sarcasm here) When I saw the sun this morning I thought I could spend my day off riding until I saw it was -6 AND SNOWING!!!
Forseti and I are still on for the 29th ride so see everyone then!

Mags

Fixed :twisted:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Buell substitute

I've been out on my Buell for over a month now and I only quit riding in mid January. Heated vest, and Oxford heated overgrips do the trick. I am still waiting for my wee, but I'm assured it will be here by Saturday. I'm told it is in Vancouver. I hope those west coasters haven't been riding it. Or worse yet, I hope they haven't painted it Blue! The grey should be fast enough for me without painting it blue.

If I get it on Saturday, I will be taking it to breakfast on the Sunday in Campbellville at a little restaurant called the Trails Eatery. Its just up the street from the mob scene (provided it is sunny and over 25 degrees C) at the Ice House. This is a good location for good roads but radar use is increasing at an alarming rate!

If you need tires changed and you're near Toronto there is a place called Rosie Toes motorcycles in Weston that installs and balances tires while you wait for about $25 cash.

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you need tires changed and you're near Toronto there is a place called Rosie Toes motorcycles in Weston that installs and balances tires while you wait for about $25 cash.

Bill
Tell me more...I'm thinking I may target my NEXT set of tires for home install...I can't find anything on Rosie Toes. Address, phone number, anything you got would be helpful.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Tell me more...I'm thinking I may target my NEXT set of tires for home install...I can't find anything on Rosie Toes. Address, phone number, anything you got would be helpful.
www.gtamotorcycle.com

You'll find it on there, you know how to use your favourite button heh.

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Spelling helps, I suppose.

Well, here is what I found at GTA:

Rosey Toses
131 Wendell Ave
416-241-2523

My current Toronto white pages does not confirm that, and neither does
http://findaperson.canada411.ca/
and I didn't call to pester him.

From 401 & Weston Road, go south to Oak Street; go east on Oak, which becomes Gary Drive without turning, when you are five blocks east of Weston Road, turn left and go north on Wendell about a block-and-a-half.

Good hunting!
Keith

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used all the permutations I could think of on canada411.com and nothing. Even tried some open Google searches with no more results.

Thanks for the info gents.

um, Keith, do you think you could maybe throw in a suggestion for times to miss the traffic, where the "enroute" Timmie's are and what the weather will be for the next 6 weeks? Your response was a little sparse. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well I have new hoops on Big Ugly, they were a bit of a sea-hag to change out in the driveway.

Here is a hint, if you get an 160 width BT-020 put on your rims it will be a real bastard to get off. Two of us were wrestling with it and we looked like a couple of dogs humping a beach ball.

It was alot easier getting the Tourances on the rims. It cost me some beer and chicken wings.

Now to burn the little nubbies off the tires.....when the frigging snow goes away.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts