StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrecked my ‘09 DL1000. The parts casualty list is as follows: front wheel and rotors, handlebars and mirror, windscreen and madstat bracket, cracked front fairing assembly, rear brake lever, footpeg, and bent exhaust.

Two part question as follows: Do I replace parts individually or source a donor bike?

What do I do with donor bike after I cannabalize it?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
It all depends on how much money a donor bike would cost and what's wrong with it that its priced low enough to be a donor. It might be more cost effective to find a good bike and keep.
yours as a donor or part yours out.

You really need to see whats out there and then see what works out better financially and time wise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I might just go ahead and part this one out 😕 Donor bikes are around $2k and I dont have time to piece it all back together. I might just donate what remains or put it on CL. Anyone interested in a DL1000 w 25k miles and front end damage?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in NorthernCalifornia in the Sacramento Valley. I can deliver the bike and I have clear title

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
I think I might just go ahead and part this one out 😕 Donor bikes are around $2k and I dont have time to piece it all back together. I might just donate what remains or put it on CL. Anyone interested in a DL1000 w 25k miles and front end damage?
Hi Michael,
I have modified your post count so that you can now access the Stromtrooper marketplace. This thread seems to now belong there.
I can move it if you wish.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Its probably wise to look for something else. A front end whack can play hell on the frame at the steering head. Lots of good used stuff out there for not a lot of guap especially if your not in a hurry. You'll be poised to strike with cash in hand for the truly exceptional deals that do pop up from time to time.

Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got rid of the bike as is. $500 cash and they came and got it.

I'm in the market for a farkled DL 650. My girlfriend rides a DL 650 so it would be nice to tour around with her.

Looking at a 2015 DL 650 XT

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I got rid of the bike as is. $500 cash and they came and got it.

I'm in the market for a farkled DL 650. My girlfriend rides a DL 650 so it would be nice to tour around with her.

Looking at a 2015 DL 650 XT
No insurance on that? They should have provided more than $500 I would think, but its done now. Did you learn anything from the crash? Sounds like you hit something.. left turner? rear ended someone?

The new bikes are nice with all the electronic improvements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts