Strom Trooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a blue 2007 650 Strom. After a crash I need to replace a panel. I found a red one 2nd hand that I now need to get re-sprayed.

Where do I find the colour code for the Blue?

Thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi

I have a blue 2007 650 Strom. After a crash I need to replace a panel. I found a red one 2nd hand that I now need to get re-sprayed.

Where do I find the colour code for the Blue?

Thanks
https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/suzuki/v-strom-650/
They list it as Pearl Vigor Blue
Mfr. Color Code: YKY
TouchUpDirect Color I.D.:SUZ020
I would recommend repainting all the blue when you do, if possible. Twelve year's worth of sun and weather, plus different lot numbers for the primer and paint will surely make a single panel stand out. I tried to shoot just a lower fairing panel on my Zeex (see my garage) after I low-sided it, and it looked "two tone," correct paint color notwithstanding. :furious: I was able to work out a deal with the body shop to have the whole bike repainted including the already repainted panel. if your'e not too concerned about a small difference in color, anything will look better than a red panel on a blue bike! Just remember that if you do repaint the rest somewhere down the road, it again will look different.

·
Registered
14,015 Posts
Painting in a shop is pricey. Rattle can in the back yard is probably less than $15 and you can spray the garden furniture too!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nothing holds up like a professional or original paint job. Rattle can or diy paint jobs don't have anywhere the durability. I had a BMW F650 that was that horrible flamingo orange (Orangia). I sprayed it with Dippit flat black. It looks great and is available in colors now. Its not very durable but touchup is very easy and it blends perfectly. Lots of guys are doing whole cars in Dippit. Check it out online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts