StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on going to Denver in the summer months from Niagara Falls...any tips routes...places not to miss greatly appreciated we have two weeks...thanks

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Can't help you with sights to see, but make certain your exhaust system is STOCK and functions properly or you'll probably get a ticket.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Plan on going to Denver in the summer months from Niagara Falls...any tips routes...places not to miss greatly appreciated we have two weeks...thanks

More riding than you can get to in two weeks, so your question is a good one. But, it is hard to answer your question unless you give us some direction. How far do you want to venture from Denver? Do you want to ride any dirt? Any two-up riding? etc......

Just make sure you don't miss, Rocky Mountain National Park.

Can't help you with sights to see, but make certain your exhaust system is STOCK and functions properly or you'll probably get a ticket.
???????? Surely you are joking.

I don't think the new National Forest Service Noise Laws will be enforced to the point of a ticket on an out-of-stater.....especially on a Pig of a Dual Sport. I think the intent of the law is more around the 2-Stroke Screamers and any Harley riders on single track. :thumbdown:

Even with aftermarket slipons, I have never heard a strom that would funk the noise test. My XL600 with a pretty darn loud after-market, passed the test last summer.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Don't miss Hwy 550, otherwise knowm as the "Million Dollar Hwy". Others not to be missed, hwy 69 from around Walsensburg all the way to hwy 50 (At Texas Creek), 67 south to 24 into Manitou Springs area.

I was there in 2006 and found this route (69 to 50), by way of a detour around a huge wildfire. Absolutely stunning vistas. :hurray:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
???????? Surely you are joking.

I don't think the new National Forest Service Noise Laws will be enforced to the point of a ticket on an out-of-stater.....especially on a Pig of a Dual Sport. I think the intent of the law is more around the 2-Stroke Screamers and any Harley riders on single track. :thumbdown:

Even with aftermarket slipons, I have never heard a strom that would funk the noise test. My XL600 with a pretty darn loud after-market, passed the test last summer.
Not joking, I'm trying to remember where I read it, but the article said, tickets are being handed out in Denver for aftermarket exhaust. If I can find it I'll post the source. The only reason I remember is that I was going to ride thru Denver next summer, but now I'm routing around due to that info.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exhaust

Thanks for tips...bike is stock. I will take a peak at the map for possible route..would like to make a loop around...two weeks might need to stretch..three weeks sounds better already.

·
Registered
8 Posts
roads

How long do you expect to be in the Denver area? I agree that you should see RMNP it is amazing, but expect to be stuck in a crowd durring the summer. If you are going to stay close to Denver the Peak to Peak highway might also be a good ride. Lots of great twisties, good views and not too much traffic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts