StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure see a lot of Stroms in CO. I was curious how many were on this forum. Lets see how many Colorado Stromtroopers there are!!:twisted:

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
I'm in AZ darn it. But not so far away...............

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep

I'm in Erie. I've seen a couple DL's toodling around Boulder County.

It seems like I get a comment every week or two from strangers about how cool my bike is... so maybe there will be more DL riders at some point.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm in Colorado Springs, Palmer Lake to be exact.

Yellow '03 Vee running around with a tall rider and usually a top case and a chopped down windscreen.

I see a good number of DL's around, can't tell Wee or Vee until you all are going past me an I try to get a look at how many exhausts you have!

Just passed a Silver DL going east on Woodmen about 5 pm last night as I was heading west to get on I-25.

Who was that???

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm hanging out up here in Divide (west of Colorado Springs). This has got to be wee heven. Great twisties within 10 min of my front door and Forest 2 min away.

Mike

·
Registered
597 Posts
Cool! I think you're going to really like it.

Any particular reason you switched from the CBR (those are great bikes also)?
Yeah, the CBR is an amazing machine. I actually put a lot of money into it and loved it! It was making nearly 120 HP! When I bought it I lived in Pennsylvania. I lived out in the country and I rode it every day. I could leave my house and immediatly be riding the bike the way it was meant to be ridden. Now I live in Denver and never get to get it out. It takes me an hour to get anywhere that I can actually ride it. It just sat in the garage and I hated that I couldn't ride. My SO really likes to ride but hates being on the CBR. It was kinda an obvious change for me

Plus, I rode the CBR for 2 years and now I have a new bike. Straight up trade with the dealer. I think that is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A straight trade is a great deal.

Won't be as fast as your CBR but will probably be more practical and comfortable around town and for touring. The twin is nice in traffic. Don't have to shift a ton to get around.

Plus you sit up nice and tall. Seems like I can see over a lot of cars.

·
Registered
597 Posts
yeah, I have noticed how high up it sits. plus I never really ride directly behind cars anyway. I'm alway off to one side. You can get a much better vantage point from there

Definitely love the bike though and so does Liz :) We are hooked

1 - 16 of 16 Posts