StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cache

Yeow!! I'm surprised that nobody has asked about it before this. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I just posted a PM to you, but I thought I should put it here too.
I passed it on to one of the parts guys at the Montrose, CO dealership at last year's event. It was NOT the dealership that had the Friday night party. I think it was the Davis Service Center. 1-800-551-1107 ... maybe Lindsay at Davis Service Center. I have a picture of me handing it over to him.

I'm also surprised that the administrators of the web site didn't contact me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thought I'd crosspost this from the original StromCacher's thread as well .

QUOTE=PO-SLOKE;720399]Well fellows , it would be me again . Yep , the one and only PO-SLOKE .
Some of you know me well . Yep , the Original PO-SLOLE that started the StromCacher back in 08 . I see the little blue Otter box is still alive and well .

I know , I know . I up and disappeared . Without being all long winded , here's the skippy . I got really really bad sick and had to move on . I had already been getting quite ill and had not mentioned it to anyone . I had to do a quick bail and sell out all I had . Not excluding all my bikes and four wheelers .

It broke my heart like no explaination could be given to sell the wonderous 08 DL1000 . Just as I got her all broken in and farkled for the big trip , my health began to fall apart , so I literally sold the farm and moved out of NC .

I am still recovering from major surgery but I am coming along quite well . I've been horribly unable to work so you can imagine how hard it has been to survive , much less consider another bike . I look occasionally online at the possible 08 DL1000's for sale with a huge hope of having another some day soon . But it doesn't look likely .

I'd like to say how much I enjoyed riding with all those here who know me and have ridden with me in the past . I recall the starting poing of the StromCachers very clearly .

It started out to be quite the chilled ride to Henderson County Toy Run in Hendersonville NC that morning . RidgeRunner , Ridir Frith and I rode along with TONS of cruiser sorts and a few sport bikes to the Henderson County Court House . That's where RidgeRunner took the very first handoff of the StromCache . Not long following that event , RidgeRunner deisgned the very first StromCahcers decals . What a cool thing that was .

But foremost of it all , I've been browsing about in the thread to see where all the little blue box has been and I am astoundingly impressed at all the fellowship amongst Stromtroopers that have joined the StromCachers status .

This riding thing is all about making great and life long friends . I am wholly honored to have ridden with some of you and and even more honored that such a different and simple cache concept has allowed so many awesome and dedicated riders to become those very aforementioned lifelong riding pals .

Keep up the good work and thank you all so much for keeping my original effort alive even in my absence . I wish you all immense success and safety in all your riding efforts and events and truly hope to see the StromCachers fellowship continue to grow .

My prayers are truly that the gospel of Jesus Christ find you all wonderfully serving him and remaining true to such a great sport and recreation as Stroming the world over .

My absolute best regards and thanks to you all .

PO-SLOKE :hurray:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeow!! I'm surprised that nobody has asked about it before this. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I just posted a PM to you, but I thought I should put it here too.
I passed it on to one of the parts guys at the Montrose, CO dealership at last year's event. It was NOT the dealership that had the Friday night party. I think it was the Davis Service Center. 1-800-551-1107 ... maybe Lindsay at Davis Service Center. I have a picture of me handing it over to him.

I'm also surprised that the administrators of the web site didn't contact me.
CYCLERAMA ..... PO-SLOKE here . Orginator of the Stromcache . Truth be told , there really isn't a direct admin over the StromCache effort . I am just a bikeless Strommer that started the Cache .

Great job abd great pic of your efforts to keep my vision of StromCache fellowship alive . I've not even bothered to logon since I got so sick and sold out .

May your riding days be long and your seat be sore .PO-SLOKE

·
Registered
336 Posts
CYCLERAMA

CYCLERAMA

Just got off the phone with Davis Service Center in Montrose trying to locat the Cache box and this Lindsay person . The guy on the phone seems to know what he is talking about when he says that Lindsay that works there is a WOMAN , NOT a man as your post indicates .

I'm just very curious if you passed the CACHE off to just someone you happened upon at the Service Center , or was it passed to someone you had planned to meet and ride with . The latter is actually the jest of the whole conecept .

But none the less , if you could help me figure out who you gave it to and how we might contact them to get it back on the move , THAT WOULD BE MOST AWESOME . I am the originator of thise Cache game and have been horrifcally ill for some time now . I am getting better and ma likely to get back in the game with hope . ASny assistance would be most wonferful .

Thanks tons , PO-SLOKE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts