StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in The Springs in May and will have a rear Shinko 705 with about 3,500 miles on it. When I leave I'll be heading for 5 days of riding off road around Moab and really want a K60 on the rear if the 705 is looking thin.

Any of you Springers know where I may be able to find a shop with one in stock?

I may have to get one through my local shop and have it shipped to my daughter. If I go that route what shop there might give me the best deal on a mounting and balancing?

If I do change out the tire, someone can have my 705 if they want, it should have some "on road" tread left.

Thanks for any help
Tim

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ill list the possibilities in order of distance from the highway (I25).
Apex Motorsports (right downtown)
Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza (near the citadel mall/wal mart)
Pikes Peak Motorsports (on Powers blvd, but are in the process of moving locations)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you post up today. I just got the bike from the shop at Apex. No one answered here so I posted on ADV and they were recommended.

Ended up with a leaky fork seal on the ride here so they replaced both. I'm bummed because I had just changed fork oil before I left. Should have done that myself. Now I'm $200 wiser.

I also had a new radiator hose (brought ftom home) installed which meant a flush and fill. $52 to put on the new tire I purchased from them. My shop in Bend doesn't charge if you buy the ride from them. Total bill $411. Wow, now I know why I do my own work.

On the other hand they got me in and out the same day because I was traveling. That is good customer service in my book.

Love the look of the K60.

·
Registered
14,408 Posts
Yeah, seems there are no 'Deals" on the road when stuff faults out.
Motel time and dealer prices can take a hit to the wallet when unexpected stuff comes up. If I were leaving with a used tire and knew I was gonna wear it out, I'd be tempted to take a replacement with me and look like an Okie traveling down the road!
Or a real ADV poser!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Funny you post up today. I just got the bike from the shop at Apex. No one answered here so I posted on ADV and they were recommended.

Ended up with a leaky fork seal on the ride here so they replaced both. I'm bummed because I had just changed fork oil before I left. Should have done that myself. Now I'm $200 wiser.

I also had a new radiator hose (brought ftom home) installed which meant a flush and fill. $52 to put on the new tire I purchased from them. My shop in Bend doesn't charge if you buy the ride from them. Total bill $411. Wow, now I know why I do my own work.

On the other hand they got me in and out the same day because I was traveling. That is good customer service in my book.

Love the look of the K60.
I am kind of surprised they charged you $52 to install the tire, but now on second thought, it was because the wheel had to be removed. Their charge is up to $32 off the bike, even if you buy from them. I just bought PR3s there at below internet costs, but the mounting was $72 for both. I like Apex, but I might have to learn to mount my own from here on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just had K60s mounted up on the V-Strom last week by Woody's Wheel Works. They are a good looking tire for sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts