StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The route through the San Juan mountains bounded by Colorado routes 62, 550, 145, and 160 pretty much mesmerized me the first time I visited in 1976. I've gone back at least ten times. Mesa Verde and Telluride are interesting side trips too. Take a day for the narrow guage train trip out of Durango.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I and a couple buddies are currently planning a trip like this for this summer.. We've ridden out there several times on streetbikes, but some of the jeep passes are too much for a touring bike, so we're "Hauling" KLR650's out there this time..

We figure we'll set up a base camp and ride off from there. With driving out, we can hump straight through, switching drivers, rather than doing 50/50 to ride out 1300 miles to the Telluride area, and eating up a set of tires doing so.. :shock:

I also really want to explore the U.P. this summer. With Lake Superior being only 5-6 hours from home, I have zero excuses..

Pat, you're also very close to some fantastic riding in Southwestern Wisconsin, Northwestern IL.. I try to do this area as a dayride a couple times a month.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts