StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I take my black body parts to the paint shop, does anyone want to swap their fox orange panels for my black panels? And for sure my panels are in perfect condition. Thanks for looking. HB

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
:seeya:

I'm interested! The problem is I don't have the bike yet. I'm getting it this weekend. If you can wait a while that would be great. The problem is how much shipping will be and not damaging any of the panels.

Is the color flat, semi gloss or gloss black?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I'm going to paint mine, but don't want black.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I too have a black one and wouldn't mind a swap.

I'd prefer to ride 1/2 way /or meet and just do it bike-to-bike under a shade tree in the parking lot or garage. It doesn't look like that much of a chore to get the front off around the headlights & tank.

I live about 100 miles north of St. Louis in Hannibal, MO/Quincy,IL area and may be in the central Iowa area for a couple of days in April.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Funny, but I wanted a black Vstrom at first. Now the orange has grown on me and everyone keeps saying the orange is a nice color- go figure. I am going to keep mine, but a great deal for those that are curious about going black. :green_lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Funny, but I wanted a black Vstrom at first. Now the orange has grown on me and everyone keeps saying the orange is a nice color- go figure. I am going to keep mine, but a great deal for those that are curious about going black. :green_lol:
Orange is nice, but wayyy to popular. I do not want a bike that looks identical to everyone elses

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any idea if the White color will come to US in 2013?

Anybody know if the white will be coming over, I believe it is only offred in Europe at this time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Orange is nice, but wayyy to popular. I do not want a bike that looks identical to everyone elses
I see the orange one as a badge of distinction. No way they are going to use this color again for a long time and now everyone knows you have the first year's model. Then again, I hope it is not the new blue.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Anybody know if the white will be coming over, I believe it is only offred in Europe at this time.
Canada and Australia get the white too (I have one, eh?). AFAIK the US is the only major market that isn't selling it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too have a black one and wouldn't mind a swap.

I'd prefer to ride 1/2 way /or meet and just do it bike-to-bike under a shade tree in the parking lot or garage. It doesn't look like that much of a chore to get the front off around the headlights & tank.

I live about 100 miles north of St. Louis in Hannibal, MO/Quincy,IL area and may be in the central Iowa area for a couple of days in April.
I've gotten a few complements on the orange color but I've always preferred a black motorcycle.
I'd be interested in a swap, I'll be driving through Iowa Easter weekend in a car with my wife but I could just take my panels off and bring them with if you were going to be there that weekend.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I've gotten a few complements on the orange color but I've always preferred a black motorcycle.
I'd be interested in a swap, I'll be driving through Iowa Easter weekend in a car with my wife but I could just take my panels off and bring them with if you were going to be there that weekend.
Sorry, but the timing won't work out. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Got the black largely because I wanted a subdued color to draw less attention, especially while parked.
Thought about changing it, but it works too well that way. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Anyone? Just need to box it up and ship it, probably around $15 bucks. The front orange was the toughest to remove, LOTS of screws, then the rear side panels and tank panels are fairly easy.

Bueller? Did everyone change their minds??

:party:

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
I wouldn't mind swapping the orange panels on mine, think I'd prefer black, white or silver in that order.
either that or take them off and spray them, the deep red colour on the 2015 bikes is nice too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts