StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to create a thread detailing teh switched power sources available on the various models. Please contribute photos showing the location of switched power sources you may have used or are already tucked away in some corner of Stromtrooper.

Please include model, year, description of the source, and pics if you have them.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I use the horn, easy to get to or reversed,

just a piggyback spade terminal required

Reactions: richlandrick

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
2004 DL1000. The below pics are where the EB PC8 plugs into the harness. Those connectors have got to be decently cheap if someone wanted to replicate it. But the connection has two ends. You unplug the factory plug and plug the female EB connector into the OEM Male and vice versa.

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread Motor vehicle Tire

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Also seen in the pictures is something that I'm sure someone won't approve of but it works. I stole the idea (with permission) from one our members at the Rally. It's actually for the wire coming off of the switch for your auxiliary lights, Rick. I extended that wire and ran it to the fuse box seen and shoved it in with the switched hot leg of one of the fuses. No muss, no fuss. Ran the auxiliary light power cables to the PC8, though.

P.S- First pic is the EB male into the OEM female. Second pic is where that plug is located on my bike.

Reactions: richlandrick

·
Registered
2009 DL1000
15 Posts
I have a 2009 DL1000 I just put the light kit on. I found under the instrument cluster on the left front side a large connector with multiple wires. It is in a rubber boot that from below you can see the plug and all the wires on the feed in side. I found a orange wire with green spots on it second spot in from the right. It is hot only when the key is on. I pulled the harness plug apart and the loose end was low enough to work on from the front left side of the cowling. The yellow wire included with the light kit from Rich is thin enough that i was able to slide it in beside the orange wire in the harness. I then taped it and zip tied it to the orange wire and put the harness clip back together. Now the yellow wire is secure, in a water free area when it rains, and no clips or cutting necessary. Everything works great. I will post a pic but it may be hard to see.

·
Registered
2009 DL1000
15 Posts
Pics for the above post. The bright yellow wire is from Rich off his light switch. In the last pic if you zoom in you can see the wire goes in just behind the zip tie head.
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper
Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive lighting Bumper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts