StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the Cogent Dynamics suspension on front and back. The World's Edge rear shock on my new to me 2006 Wee. The DDC Damper Cartridge and strait rate springs up front. Have not had it out on dirt yet. But feels pretty good on the pavement.

Have not messed with any settings yet. The sag was spot on with how they shipped the rear shock.

I knew I had to have a stiffer spring on the rear so I could load up with luggage. On my previous motor bike (KLR) I had tried cheaper options and eventually sprung for the Cogent stuff. You can get by with cheaper options like just putting a stiffer spring on the rear to handle the added weight of luggage. But from past experience I knew I would want better performance. So this was a no brainer for me. I had planned for this when I purchased the bike.

No affiliation with Cogent. I just like their products. And the service is great!

Current stable:
- Wee
- WR250R

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have my V2 on loan to them now so they can develop a proper mount for their remote preload adjuster on their shock. I really enjoyed meeting everyone there and they are very passionate and knowledgeable.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dwighop,
Did you purchase the standard World Class shock or pro version? Any other extras such as the diamond coat, needle thrust bearings or remote preload? I’m currently in the market for shock and DDC kit for my 2012 DL 650 and trying to get some insight.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I placed my order today with Cogent and realized the pro version with piggyback reservoir fits non-abs Vstroms only so I went for the standard World Class Shock (needle thrust bearings included) and added the optional diamond coat shaft. Also added the DDC cartridge and oil for the front fork. Ship date was estimated at three weeks. Looking forward to the upgrade and refeshening after 23k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts