StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, still sorting out popping sound at take off, new chain goes on tomorrow. Really hope that solves it (I was told my chain was underlubed!)

Now I'm noticing the clutch lever requires virtually no movement to disengage the clutch. Not showing any signs of slippage (yet!)...

Should I be alarmed?

I hit the road Thursday for Sturgis, this would be a bad time to fry a clutch!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is that way even if you adjust the adjustment? are you going to that metric bike rally?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adjuster? The reach adjustment on the lever? How does that affect the travel of the lever?

Ummm... Not exactly A Metric event (unless you count the oddly Metric V-Rod).

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clutch lever movement getting worse

OK, it's been almost 10 months and nearly 10,000 miles, clutch is starting to disengage by just barely touching the lever.

Is this the DL's way of telling me I need a new clutch?

Is there a way to adjust this thing?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Which DL are we talking about here? If you have a DL1000 you might want to try and bleeding the clutch. If you have the baby DL then the cable might need to be adjusted. I wouldn't think you would need a new clutch with only 12,000 miles showing on the ODO.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DL Clutch adjustment issues

Bike is a DL1000 and the mileage is 10,000 in addition to the prior post (now coming up on 20,000).

If master cylinder needed to be bled, wouldn't the clutch have to go to the grip to activate? I have the opposite problem. I barely need to touch the lever to activate the clutch.

Is there an adjuster at the clutch?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts