StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch handle is too far out for wife's hand/fingers. I'm looking for a dog-leg clutch lever to replace the 2012 style. Can't use my lever from the '08 because of the '12 gear-indicator switch.

YEAH - we loosened the clutch some , but it was way too loose IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't the Wee's have clutch and brake levers that are adjustable for reach :confused:

I think mine does [09 Wee]
I think the 08 has the adjustable brake lever, Wifes Kawasaki Versys has an adjustable clutch lever, The 2012 Wee has the adjustable brake lever, The clutch had cable adjustment only

Best guess, look for a Gladius clutch lever.
Pete
I'll look at that possiblilty :thumbup:

loosen the clutch cable a bit ?
We did loosen it, but for the Wifes hand to compfortably grip it we had to loosen to a not very safe or good point. Hand the bike on the center stand, I didn't like the results of the very lossened cable :thumbdown:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
You can get adjustable levers. I got a set from Adjustable Custom Brake & Clutch Levers - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories
The clutch lever on mine did not engage the clutch switch in position #1 but 2-5 worked fine. OEM hand guards require switching the top and bottom of the adjuster and maybe trimming the guard plastic a bit. Position 2 brought the lever closer to the grip and made clutch activation easier for my once broken wrist. The cable throw is reduced by reducing the lever arc so the cable adjustment has to be done carefully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts