StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vee2, manufactured March 2014, one of the first ones.
Starting two weeks ago, sometimes I have to squeeze the clutch lever few times for the switch to make contact. But, only sometimes. 3 days ago, had to repeat squeezing process 3 times. This morning, had to repeat once.
Not a big deal, I know. As I purchased the bike in September 2014, it's still under 2 years warranty, so the dealer said to come next week and he'll replace it.
In terms of failing, I can say out of 20 starts, 19 starts are without the issue.
Bike is being ridden in hot dry climate all the year and it "sleeps" in the garage every night.
As I said, no big deal, simple job to do, just wanted to let everybody know.

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Don't knowif these things apply on the DL1000 but they made a difference on my DL650's and on my wife's old Gladius:

Has the bike ever been down? Is the plug for the switch loose (or corroded?) Has the clutch lever ever been bent? Sometimes that can affect it's ability to properly activate the switch. Another thing can be if the clutch lever is worn at the pivot.

If nothing else these are things you can check.

..Tom

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, none of what you said applies. I can clearly hear the "click" from the switch but it still fails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts