StromTrooper banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No worries blaustrom, it's odd that they are that different!

But as a quick update, it worked great! I've got it on the correct splines and the clutch Freeplay set right now and no slipping! Feels like way more power! Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
215 Posts
No worries blaustrom, it's odd that they are that different!

But as a quick update, it worked great! I've got it on the correct splines and the clutch Freeplay set right now and no slipping! Feels like way more power! Thanks for all your help!
Sometimes it's the little things that can make all the difference....

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
Glad it is all worked out for you. It is very unusual that the clutch actuating arm had been moved on the splines. I wonder what cause the PO to do that?
Whatever, your clutch has been receiving some abuse and accelerated wear and so I would recommend, next time that you do an oil change, that you grab a new clutch cover gasket as well and do the other part of the clutch adjustment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I couldn't shift much at all the other day. The clutch wasn't fully pulling all the way. I looked underneath and found the cable was frayed and stretching. How big a job is it to have it replaced? I'm thinking of riding it a few miles in 2nd gear to the local dealership.
Thanks,
George

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That's great, thanks for linking it. Good information to have if mine ever goes like that!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So it was fixed for awhile and now is slipping worse. I'm pretty sure it's damaged from PO not setting Freeplay correctly.

I'm hoping someone can suggest me a website to buy a clutch kit, or if this is something I should buy from a dealer?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
There are several websites that sell both OEM parts at a discount and aftermarket options... Rockymountainatv.com and Bikebandit.com have done well for me. I am located close to rocky mountain, so they are my go-to. Where are you located?

I'm sure several others can suggest their favorite on-line order spots.

You shouldn't have any problem with quality aftermarket clutch parts, especially if you are just replacing the friction stack... Those parts are generally well understood and easy to make. Impossibly cheap options likely had to cut corners in materials and/or construction. But there are lots of legit clutch parts companies out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Thanks for the tips! I'm in Saskatoon, so looks like they ship here pretty cheap.

Edit- I was looking at Rocky Mountain atv and found this one

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/ebc-standard-clutch-kit-p?v=10270

"Almost identical to original equipment clutch plates, the CK series are a cork based product impregnated with aluminum particles to increase wear life and heat resistance. Material is highly compressed to avoid swell and clutch drag and is an ideal general purpose replacement material for all grades and sizes of motorcycles"

Is this a recommended material? Cork is throwing me haha

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I am from Canada actually! Also, wow. 102. Suzuki dealer quoted me 275. Super glad I didn't go through them! Thank you so much, I found a few videos of the job so hopefully I can get it all done and back on the road soon!

·
Registered
431 Posts
They do charge shipping or will ship free to a dealer. I didn't think the dealer would be very happy to be undercut by Suzuki and it is a 60km round trip to them. Had purolator deliver to house.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
It might have been a bit petty, but I definitely got it shipped to the dealer. That 180% above MSRP made me a bit salty actually haha

21 - 35 of 35 Posts