StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve dropped my 2013 VStrom this summer a couple times doing terrific off road trips to WV, so I recently purchased new hand guards and clutch assembly, all OEM parts, but every screw it comes with is super short and doesn’t fit with the weight part and other parts. Am I missing something here? Where do I get another long screw? I tried with nothing on the clutch side handlebar and it was still too short??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps I solved my own dilemma, once I got all the pieces out of the handlebar, it appears the “needed” pieces are less than what was there before. Really strange. Does anyone else have a super long handle bar screw? Maybe it was a custom job by previous owner?

·
Administrator
6,409 Posts
Below is the standard setup. It seems the same as the right side of your image.
On the left you seem to have a helmet hook. Is that the reason for needing a longer bolt, and a PO could only find a MUCH longer one?

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where did your oem image come from? None of the images on the suzukiparthouse for a 2013 Vstrom 650 show that long bolt with the piece for the handle cover....The long screw in my picture was “not” sent with the new kit from Suzuki....does anyone know where to get the long screws? That image you attached is the right bolt ; )

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And yes I do use a helmet hook on the clutch side handle, but the screw on the brake side/throttle handle is also too short. So strange. The bike had two original long 140mm M6 bolts just like the picture you sent, and now I don’t see them as an option. I’ll call Suzuki tomorrow as well. Appreciate the help

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was looking at Suzuki parts house and Babbits online, both the same outfit. The long screw is shown in the Handlebar fiche. The shorter screw is shown in the Knuckle cover fiche which were optional.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The longer bolt allows for the spacer when installing factory plastic handguards. The space I refer to is shown in your pic on the left above the bar end weight.

Sp56

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Below is the standard setup. It seems the same as the right side of your image.
On the left you seem to have a helmet hook. Is that the reason for needing a longer bolt, and a PO could only find a MUCH longer one?
. Sorry, still learning how to reply to a specific post - Brockie, where did you get this image? Your image (which I am attaching again) is different than anything they show on Babbitt’s currently?

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found it finally. It’s part #09127-06023, it doesn’t show as a part for the 650, only 1000, really strange actually, but finally found the replacement screw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts