Strom Trooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had the bike on the centerstand yesterday to lube the chain. I usually kick it into first gear and use the clutch to feather so the chain rotates slowly while i spray lube. Noticed that even with the lever all the way in, i was getting quite a bit of tire rotation, and in fact the tire was accelerating. i'm at oil change point so i'm wondering if it's drag between plates because i let my oil go a little too long (~4.5k miles), or if it's known to have air in the lines on the clutch master/slave. It does also explain why the engine's been a bit more vibration at idle at a stop when the clutch is in. Obviously, i'm going to do the work on both oil and bleed the clutch, but wanted to see if anyone else has run into that.

·
Super Moderator
12,983 Posts
Its pretty normal on any motorcycle wet clutch to have some clutch drag. If you have a lot on a DL1000 then you might want to bleed it. Eventually the slave cylinder will need to be replaced (easy to do just costs a bit.)

..Tom

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
had the bike on the centerstand yesterday to lube the chain. I usually kick it into first gear and use the clutch to feather so the chain rotates slowly while i spray lube. Noticed that even with the lever all the way in, i was getting quite a bit of tire rotation, and in fact the tire was accelerating. i'm at oil change point so i'm wondering if it's drag between plates because i let my oil go a little too long (~4.5k miles), or if it's known to have air in the lines on the clutch master/slave. It does also explain why the engine's been a bit more vibration at idle at a stop when the clutch is in. Obviously, i'm going to do the work on both oil and bleed the clutch, but wanted to see if anyone else has run into that.
My Dl1000 actually did that for a couple while right after an oil change. Found that I had to hold on the brakes with the clutch in for it to actually start slipping. It wound up going away, so I attributed it to some weirdness caused by changing oil brands (RP to Rotella)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts