StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is an easy, quick way to reroute the clutch line behind the bars without having to bleed the whole system. I ordered some 2" ROX risers and don't think the clutch line is long enough without relocating it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Its been a while since I installed my risers but I believe there is a mounting bracket that holds the line close to the steering stem (below the upper triple tree). I simply took the line out of the bracket and removed the bracket to put in storage. The clutch line now has plenty of slack. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I see that and plan on removing it and the one for the brake line also, but it doesn't look like I'll gain 2"

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Just wondering if there is an easy, quick way to reroute the clutch line behind the bars without having to bleed the whole system.
Not sure whether it would be easy or quick but the ONLY way will be to take the left side hand grip off and slide the clutch assy off the end of the bar then re route it and put it back on the back. You'll have to remove the bar from the triple clamp but you were going to do that anyway.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I pulled my hose off and rerouted it to the other side and put it back on. If you then get the bolt close to being tight and then squeeze the handle and tighten the bolt down you will be fine. It took me all of 30 seconds. I too have the Rox risers but make sure you have the slack you need in the line. It seems to me there was bracket that was bolted to the frame close by and I took that off first.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think you might have to replace the brake line. I had 1" risers for a while and it stretched the brake hose to the point that I wasn't really comfortable with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts