StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch engages too quickly and so doesn’t allow slippage. Which isn't a problem unless I’m trying to creep at about 5mph or starting from a complete stop (stalls the engine if I’m not paying careful attention).

Can it be adjusted for better play? And if so, How?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The position at which the friction point occurs in the lever travel can be adjusted using the adjuster by the lever pivot. The span over which the engagement takes place cannot be adjusted. That just takes practice. I'm very happy with the clutch action on my bike compared to others I've owned.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.....and the clutch engages further out than I would prefer. It engages at about a quarter inch from full release. Very irrirating.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The position at which the friction point occurs in the lever travel can be adjusted using the adjuster by the lever pivot. The span over which the engagement takes place cannot be adjusted. That just takes practice. I'm very happy with the clutch action on my bike compared to others I've owned.
Thanks. I can live with and easily get use to the tight engagement, but not the engagement point. Quess I better do a better job of reading my manual.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
My clutch engages too quickly and so doesn’t allow slippage. Which isn't a problem unless I’m trying to creep at about 5mph or starting from a complete stop (stalls the engine if I’m not paying careful attention).
Try revving the motor (to generate a gyroscopic effect), pulling the clutch in more and dragging the back brake. It should work fairly easily on this bike, especially if you maintain an upward forward gaze.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts