StromTrooper banner

Clutch/brake levers

2377 Views 16 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Rolex
Hi All:
I purchased clutch and brake lever for my 2011 dl650. I'm wondering if I have to also buy other parts to in stall them? I'm having this done , as im not mechanical in the sense of doing correctly. I WILL mess it up! 馃槶
I attached the pic from Amazon and thats all that comes with them, and here too is a link:

But also, these are relatively cheap, and Im also considering "better" ones?

Thanks!!!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Administrator
Queensland, Australia
@Bennryan Be careful. You have posted in the 2004-11 section and some advertised as suitable do not have the tang on the clutch lever which actuates the clutch lock-out switch.

Your advertisement shows DL650 2011-21 but should show 2004-11. Not positive but these may not work.

These should work, but I cannot from the images see the all-important tang that operates the clutch lock-out switch that is missing from some Chinese origin copies.

The circled part is sometimes missing - even when described as fitting 2004/11 DL650s. The bottom lever is OEM - the upper lever is a shortie adjustable aftermarket said to fit, but which does not.
Sleeve Electric blue Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory Fictional character

Administrator
Queensland, Australia
As an example this set is said to cover
"fitment 7: For Suzuki DL650/V-STROM 2004-2010"
but if you look at image #7 the tang for the clutch switch is clearly missing.

Bicycle part Tool Font Composite material Auto part

1 - 2 of 2 Posts