StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, the 1K has the chudder, from all that I am reading, the Werks replacement is the way to go, but in a moment of complete honesty, viewing the video and reviewing the powerpoint, it looks significantly complicated. I don't have a lot of experience in breaking down the internals of any part of a car or engine, have done a lot of external/peripherals, (alt, starter, radiator replacement, suspension lifts on jeeps), but this looks serious.

Any ideas on an hours estimate for replacing the basket to allow me to budget for the part and labor to replace?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
It is really not that hard at all, more than a few less than mechanically inclined folks have done it. Terry is just a phone call away too, and the procedure here to do it is well documented. It was the single best thing I did to my old 1000, most have no idea until they install the new basket.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,188 Posts
Most shops are going to charge between 2 and 3 hours. At $80-100 per hour give or take.

Nothing wrong with having a shop do it. They should have the tools and parts on hand. But do NOT let them sell you clutch plates until they show you they are worn beyond factory specifications. Which they won't be.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts