StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years I decided to put the effort into making a clutch basket installation video. I have condensed it so that the easy, common sense stuff is left out but the technical stuff is covered. Recently finished building my new website so I have room for stuff like the installation page. Might add some pics later, but I think the video is worth a LOT of pictures!

Clutch Installation

·
Registered
491 Posts
NICE!

You could not have made it any simpler, stellar job my friend!

uncaged

·
Registered
202 Posts
Very nice! It will come in very handy when the time fomes for mine

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome Terry. Just want to mention Terry bent over backwards helping me install my clutch basket after I broke the oil drive gear thingy. Between phone calls, and texts, WHILE HE WAS ON VACATION, I got it installed and now all is good. Great customer service.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to step through the changing of the Clutch Basket. I just changed my Clutch Basket and it could not of been any easier following your video. Made a huge difference to the running and performance of the bike. Bike had done 72000klm and was definitely in need of change as it was just too noisy. Thanks Again Dave

·
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad it helped! I probably need to do an updated installation video of the new 2014+ clutch basket. They have a completely different inner hub/pressure plate assembly. Starting to get more of these baskets in the shop......

·
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I might do some more stuff this winter. The 2014 and up DL 1000 is completely different where the inner hub parts are. That might be good to go over. Been doing more and more 2014+ clutch baskets as the miles pile up on those. 2018 is different again, but it will be a while before they need attention.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow! The WERKS clutch basket made my 2004 DL1000 Vstrom feel like an entirely new bike. I at first thought the bike was misfiring and running on one cylinder through the 2800-3900 rpm range, nope just the classic clutch judder. Super quick service and awesome quality workmanship.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I installed my Werks Clutch basket while watching this video, excellent help and visual support. Job was fairly easy except for me forgetting to buy snap ring pliers, thanks to my neighbor for the save. Terry does great work!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts