StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installing Rox risers 1 up and 1 back on my 2011 ABS. Have MSR Hi bar installed. Cables are tighter than I like at full lock, if I loosen lower clamp that holds wires and cables is there available slack behind the clamp? I took wires out of the spring holder so they are good. Already installed longer upper brake hose.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the atv high bars but no risers. (650ABS) and no extended cables or lines. I did remove the brake line from it's clamp.
Based on my observations. You can do 1 or the other without cable/brake line mods. Both would surely require the longer brake line, and mine looks like the cables are about as tight as I would want them with the bars alone.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Installing Rox risers 1 up and 1 back on my 2011 ABS. Have MSR Hi bar installed. Cables are tighter than I like at full lock, if I loosen lower clamp that holds wires and cables is there available slack behind the clamp? I took wires out of the spring holder so they are good. Already installed longer upper brake hose.
I just went through this the other day. I added GenMar one up and one back with stock bars. With the bars turned all the way to the right the one throttle cable was catching on the frame. What I did was to put a tie wrap on it at the top guide in front of the bars as to allow the cable to slide up past the point as to where it was catching. I think once I get the bike back together every thing should be okay. I did have to replace the brake line with a longer one. 2007 DL650 ABS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can get wiring extensions at Eastern Beaver and custom length cables from Motion Pro. This is how I made a 3" riser work on my 09. I think Murph's Kits and SV Racing sell longer brake hoses. Did not need the hoses on my non-ABS model.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You can get wiring extensions at Eastern Beaver and custom length cables from Motion Pro. This is how I made a 3" riser work on my 09. I think Murph's Kits and SV Racing sell longer brake hoses. Did not need the hoses on my non-ABS model.
How much longer did you go on the MotionPro cables?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts