StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make the fuel lid close without having to use the key. Since I have my luggage keys on the same ring, I take the key out after I open the lid so not to scratch the tank. It seems like a simple thing that was overlooked. :thumbdown:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I've been closing the gas cap without a key since i bought the bike. It takes a pretty good rap but the thing still works.

·
Welfare Funder
375 Posts
I've been closing the gas cap without a key since i bought the bike. It takes a pretty good rap but the thing still works.
LOL!!! I'll try it! :thumbup: :green_lol:

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Interesting! Don't know if I could ever be bothered, but maybe one day.

·
Registered
522 Posts
No such thing as good rap! :mrgreen:
Have to agree with you on that one!!!:thumbup:

Of course now the rest of the family will disown me if they ever read this post.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
not as easy as a good rap

but

something like this might be what you are looking for

gascapmod Photo Gallery by fred harmon at pbase.com
Interesting. There is a lot of key work to gas up, especially if you keep fuel records in a notebook in your luggage. Remove key from ignition, open gas cap, remove key, add gas, reinsert key to close cap, remove, open luggage, remove key, turn on ignition, record gas//mileage, remove key, open luggage to return notebook (I never remove the key from unlocked luggage after I once took a nice, long ride with the side case lid flapping in the breeze), lock luggage, reinsert key in ignition. Yikes, it sounds even worse than it is. Not sure if it's worth the trouble of the mod, but that is a nice option should the task become too onerous someday. Still, I think I'll reserve rapping for my musical career.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts