StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of us find a touch-up rattle can that is a "squint-your-eyes" match for the new Metalic Fox Orange can we share the info? I'm thinking it would be nice to know for adding a stripe to the Bestem top box I have on order—and who knows what else? Maybe a helmet stripe? :mod_cool:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm hoping the reflective orange color from streetglo.net matches the Fox Metallic Orange on the 2012 DL650. I'll let you know when I get my bike home tomorrow, I still have some pinstriping tape from them that I would plan on using on my (planned) matte black top case accessory.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have reflective orange pin stripe on my wheels as rim tape.

It is definitely not a match for the Suzuki metallic fox orange, but it doesn't look too bad. The Suzuki colour is more of a copper than an orange.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm hoping the reflective orange color from streetglo.net matches the Fox Metallic Orange on the 2012 DL650. I'll let you know when I get my bike home tomorrow, I still have some pinstriping tape from them that I would plan on using on my (planned) matte black top case accessory.
Looks like the streetglo reflective stuff is a decent match for the bike - not spot on, but from a distance and/or in the shadows, it's hard to tell the difference. I have decals on my helmet and when I hung my helmet with a clip onto the luggage rack, the colors are pretty close:

2012 DL650 ABS (from left rear) by robardin, on Flickr

·
Registered
305 Posts
The rim tape actually looks like a closer match in this photo than it does in real life. This photo was taken on my Galaxy S2 phone, so not the best way to get accurate colour capture.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The rim tape actually looks like a closer match in this photo than it does in real life. This photo was taken on my Galaxy S2 phone, so not the best way to get accurate colour capture.

Not being a fan of black alloy wheels, I must say the orange stripes on the wheels make a huge difference in this bike. Well done.

Now does that tape last very long?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I reckon the Vstroms need rim tape to break up the black around the wheels.

Most bike tapes have a 7 year warranty. I had blue tape on my old Vstrom for a long time and it survived. It is ridiculously sticky, it won't peel off if you get the good stuff. The good stuff is similar to automotive pin striping and comes on a roll. In fact the orange stuff I used was pin striping from these guys;
Reflective Vinyl Striping and Pinstriping Rolls

It is a little tricky to manually apply neatly, but even if it ends up a bit wobbly it looks fine from a distance.

You can also buy rim tape that comes on sheets in 90 degree segments. I used some on my DRZ motard wheels. It is more like stickers and not very sticky. I think it will start to peel off after a while. The only good thing about it is that you can get stuff printed on it.

My DRZ motard wheels with gold rim stickers;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts