StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a mishap with my Wee that caused me to have to replace the front end. I got it all back together, and the speedo, tach and display is working, the clock is showing, but I can't set the clock. When you hold down the two buttons, it never flashes to change. I checked all the fuses, and disconnected the battery to try to reset, but no luck.
Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
16,795 Posts
stromny said:
I had a mishap with my Wee that caused me to have to replace the front end. I got it all back together, and the speedo, tach and display is working, the clock is showing, but I can't set the clock. When you hold down the two buttons, it never flashes to change. I checked all the fuses, and disconnected the battery to try to reset, but no luck.
Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Turn the ignition on, and then try it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Press and hold the left "select" button first, then press the "adj" button, it should work...oh yeah, turn ignition on too.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Ignition on, be in neutral, keep holding the buttons down for at least five seconds, try it with the engine running.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You have to have the ign. ON and the bike in Neutral, then you have to press both the "SEL" and the "ADJ" buttons at the same time.

On my bike, it takes several attempts to get both buttons pressed at the same time - even though I think I did it correctly.

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats it!!! Left button first, then right button with ignition on.
You think I would have done that by accident,
the number of times I've hit the damn thing.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let's just say, be very careful on backroads with no gutter in upstate NY after a good rainfall. I leaned into a blind downhill corner to find that sand and gravel had washed onto the road from a recent hard rainfall. Hit the left front fairing pretty hard... smashed the windshield and black part just below it. Expensive mistake.

·
Registered
232 Posts
stromny said:
Thats it!!! Left button first, then right button with ignition on.
You think I would have done that by accident,
the number of times I've hit the damn thing.
Thanks for the help!

More to the point you would think Suzuki would print the correct way to set the clock in the manual, I did as they said with no luck untill someone here tipped me you have to press the select first, not hold both buttons similtaniously like my manual states
Theres a few cockups in the manual, apparently they listed the wrong sparkplug gap in the 04 DL650 manual although I havent confirmed that as yet, just got a head's up from another sight.

I do know that in the 2 years I owned a 2002 onward GS 500 E suzuki in all there bike catolgues and web sight stated it had 4 valves per cylinder, it didnt,only the 2, dont know about now or wether they woke up, I must check, guess I just expected better of a company I thought were really on their game :?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Suzuki customer service - at least here in Canada - has been shoddy at best. Re the manual, it sucks. My GF just brought home a used Kawi 500R and the manual dances circles around that of my Wee.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Manual improvements are a process. A Japanese motorcycle manual from the sixties stated: "HORN-BUTTON: tootle horn melodiously at the dog who shall sport in roadway. If he continue, tootle him with vigor."

·
Registered
360 Posts
I guess I just lucked out every time I tried to set my clock. I just turn the ignition on, push both buttons, and it switches to set mode after a few seconds. I use my left hand, so I guess my middle finger presses the select button a bit before my index finger. My engine does not have to be running, though.

T

·
0 Posts
Clock Problem

I just experienced this whole situation this past week when I adjusted my clock for daylight savings. I finally made it work by luck. (I was pressing both buttons together.) It's nice to know how to do it correctly now.

·
Registered
292 Posts
greywolf said:
Manual improvements are a process. A Japanese motorcycle manual from the sixties stated: "HORN-BUTTON: tootle horn melodiously at the dog who shall sport in roadway. If he continue, tootle him with vigor."
That might be the funniest thing I've ever read :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ahem...(thanks!)

Glad you posted this Stromny, I was having the same problem and it really made me feel like a moron. I mean like after I tried setting it according to the user handbook 10 times or so I wondered what obvious thing am I missing!!! Or is my clock already broken???

It always pays to ask the obvious question which is sometimes very tricky. Danke!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ar the value of forums, the clock setting is just one of the handy tip's I have picked up from this site, cant thank all you helpful member's enough :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts