StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to ask a question of the group.
My clock has worked well for 42k on my 02 Vee untill today. It resets it self when it wants to. Battery is good, terminals are clean. I could care less, but I wanted to see if this failure is a common one that leads to others.
Thanks a ton

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
A reset means the voltage when cranking dropped below threshold. The battery may not be as good as you think.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
With Pat on this one. I would take that battery and get it load tested to see what it is really up to.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Time is fleeting

But slightly more seriously...the clock on mine did that a number of times over a few weeks until I discovered both connections at the battery were slightly loose. It wasn't enough to stop the bike from cranking, but just enough to cause the dash to reset.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am fighting this same issue now on my 05 wee. Im going to get the battery load tested this morning

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So...

I cleaned the terminals(negative was a little dirty) and will load test battery Friday. The battery is only 14 months old, but you never know. Did a quick 100 miles today with no issue.
Will update after Friday.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Many cars do this too -- for whatever reason, the clock, the thing that needs the least current of anything, is often the harbinger of impending battery doom. :fineprint:

Ignore the omens at your peril...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I installed a voltage meter to keep track of how the system is doing. It's a good thing to have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts