StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unable to join some friends out at Brown Mtn Sunday for some off road riding, so I took a little trip out through Asheville, Cherokee, Smokies, Hartford, Hotsprings, and Marshall. Beautiful day for a ride. I stopped up at Clingman's Dome (great road leading up there by the way). Here are a few pics from up top.

Panorama of the view up top:

Here is the observation deck...pretty cool walkway leading up to it. Another panorama shot (I get carried away with them sometime)

Have to include one of the Strom. Still real new to me!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been up to clingmans several times but it's been a while. The tourist volume always scares me off. Beautiful pictures.Thanks for the reminder that it is worth getting up there sometime. I guess the winter isn't nearly as bad as summer for that ride.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
My wife and I wend for a ride on Sunday.

I suggested Clingman's Dome.

I said, "It's a beautiful clear day we'll probably get a view this time."

She didn't think so, so it was Mt. Mitchell for us.

Nice pics, I'm glad to see that they get some clear days there.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been up to clingmans several times but it's been a while. The tourist volume always scares me off. Beautiful pictures.Thanks for the reminder that it is worth getting up there sometime. I guess the winter isn't nearly as bad as summer for that ride.

I was worried about the traffic volume as well. Not so bad...all things considered. I was thinking to myself that it was the fastest that I have been able to ride through the park in a long time. That road going up to Clingman's Dome is always a hoot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts