StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i'm considering adding an EB H4 dual headlight kit to my Vee.

I want to make sure I understand everything. just looking for confirmation:

-existing headlights stay, but will be connected to the 2x sockets
-coupler gets connected to relay (?)
-install switch on cutoff wires
-connect to battery or fuse block (what size fuse do I need?)

anyone do the install? how much time do I need, and how easy is it to remove old wiring?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
You want the kit at VStrom with the DPST headlight cutoff. The pic I included is for a fuse block. Select the plain wire ends option if you will connect to a fuse block. The red and black wires go to the fuse block with a 15A fuse installed. The male triple connector goes to one of the old headlight connectors you unplug form the stock headlights. Then tape over both stock connectors as they have exposed metal. Plug the two female triple connectors to the stock headlights. The four tab connectors connect to the DPST switch, ordered separately. Links for it are at the site I posted. If you want to connect to the battery instead of a fuse block, select the fuseholder battery connect option and it will come with an inline fuse holder.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
as always, your input is appreciated.

Should I assume that attempting to remove the old cabling not to be a good idea or doable?
It's doable. You can cut off the old connectors and new male connector and connect the wires directly. I wouldn't If I were you based on the comfort level with wiring you display. Also, should it come time to sell the bike, stock connections are a plus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts