StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was looking to the different tank bags , and I found this one is very useful, I will order one if you confirm that this is a good match for 2008 DL1000 V strom.
part number is CL-2020-MG:serious:

·
Registered
117 Posts
There are a lot of people that run the magnetic version but most the strap because of the plastic shielding on your bike. If you get the magnetic, just position the bag as close to you as possible.
Hello, I was looking to the different tank bags , and I found this one is very useful, I will order one if you confirm that this is a good match for 2008 DL1000 V strom.
part number is CL-2020-MG:serious:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

There are a lot of people that run the magnetic version but most the strap because of the plastic shielding on your bike. If you get the magnetic, just position the bag as close to you as possible.
Thank you for the response,
I bought it from a local dealership last week.it sits on my 2008 Dl 1000 and 2014 VFR 800 both comfortably.
just a question , the place with one magnet is closer to me or closer to front end?
it sits both ways on my bikes , but what is the recommendation?

is there a way that I can secure with straps for better grip on the top of magnet or no need? has it ever happened that they came of at high speed? Or vibration?
on DL v strom if the top side magnet is closer to front the two side magnets very easily stick to R and L side of rear end of gas tank, with The V:smile2:FR is just other way.
Thank you

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thank you for the response,
I bought it from a local dealership last week.it sits on my 2008 Dl 1000 and 2014 VFR 800 both comfortably.
just a question , the place with one magnet is closer to me or closer to front end?
it sits both ways on my bikes , but what is the recommendation?

is there a way that I can secure with straps for better grip on the top of magnet or no need? has it ever happened that they came of at high speed? Or vibration?
on DL v strom if the top side magnet is closer to front the two side magnets very easily stick to R and L side of rear end of gas tank, with The V:smile2:FR is just other way.
Thank you
Traditionally the single magnet goes towards you. This way the bag opens so you can gain entry easier. You can use the shoulder strap as a teather and pass it around the triple clamp. As long as the bag is mounted correctly and all magnets are securely stuck to a metal tank, we have not had any issues of bags coming loose.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have a old NR that was given to me by a friend with a zipper broke. Have put two zippers in it since then at home and over 40 states and 60,000 miles. Have had to sew more pockets over the four magnets. I feel lost with out it as my fast to get at while riding stuf
f is in it.Sting stick,sun blocks.darker/lighter shades.night glasses,water,etc. Main thing on all day trips of 600 to one 900+ its so nice to lay on with feet on rear pegs like I did when young on my sport bikes in 70s/80s. Its more than well worn looks fits my little pack mule well.:wink2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a old NR that was given to me by a friend with a zipper broke. Have put two zippers in it since then at home and over 40 states and 60,000 miles. Have had to sew more pockets over the four magnets. I feel lost with out it as my fast to get at while riding stuff is in it.Sting stick,sun blocks.darker/lighter shades.night glasses,water,etc. Main thing on all day trips of 600 to one 900+ its so nice to lay on with feet on rear pegs like I did when young on my sport bikes in 70s/80s. Its more than well worn looks fits my little pack mule well.:wink2:
We love seeing our bags with so many good miles on them. Thank you for your support.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts