StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of mileage do you get on your Wee in stop and go traffic? Top speed of about 45 or 50 broken up by periods of stop and go traffic? My commute to work is only about twelve miles with a lot of stop and go and traffic lights. I'm seriously contemplating switching to the Wee. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I average 48 mpg around town.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I live in the city and commute out. I've gotten a tank as low as 44 but it's usually high 40's in pure city riding.

·
Registered
640 Posts
On mine(k5) throttle inputs don't seem to hurt milage as pure speed. I get high 40's in town or back roads and mid to low 40 forties on the slab (depening if the side cases are on).

·
Registered
106 Posts
I typically see 49MPG, though I don't think that I've had a tank yet that did not include a bit of highway. Pure highway I often see 52.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just checked mine and it's 52 MPG's. I have been heavy on the throttle lately. It is typically 54 MPG's.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked mine and it's 52 MPG's. I have been heavy on the throttle lately. It is typically 54 MPG's.

Stromerman, are you at a higher elevation? Your city numbers are like others highway numbers and you say you're heavy on the throttle.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What kind of mileage do you get on your Wee in stop and go traffic? Top speed of about 45 or 50 broken up by periods of stop and go traffic? My commute to work is only about twelve miles with a lot of stop and go and traffic lights. I'm seriously contemplating switching to the Wee. Thanks!
I just picked up a new Wee back in March. My commute is very similar to yours, though my top speed is a bit less. My bike has 1600 miles on it. It was a leftover red '06, so it doesn't have the dual spark plugs that the 07+'s do. Oh well. I saved a ton of $$$ on it, at least. :rolleyes:

I've been very happy with the bikes utility and performance. It's a great city bike. The wide bars give you tons of leverage for manuvering around obsticles, and the suspension lets you take potholes and heaved pavement with ease. Throw a topcase on it and you've got a real workhorse of a bike that's fun to ride as well.

But... to be honest, my city mileage hasn't been what I was expecting. I was expecting close to 50mpg city, but I get a steady 39 mpg for pure city riding. On the highway I get around 50. Strangely, even when I TRY to improve my mpg by going easy on the throttle, crusing at 3.5-4K rpm, I still only get 40 mpg/city.

I'm hoping that, as I rack up more miles, the MPG will improve. A few people here have suggested that a brand new engine needs to "loosen up" a little before you get optimal MPG. That and I have no choice but to run E10 (ethanol-blended) gas, which robs me of a few MPG as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice to hear that it's does well with potholes. I'm in NJ and the roads absolutely suck. A couple years back I actually had my tire knocked off the rim by a bad pothole.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts