Strom Trooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I will be moving to the area in about six to eight weeks and was looking for anyone in the area that can point me to some local ride areas along with some local hangouts. As you can tell from the number of posts I'm new to the forum. I was riding an ST1300 for the last 60,000 miles and found I love this type of bike much more so I have a lot to learn about it and the capabilities of it.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Joe

P.S. I also ride an Aprilia Tuono if that gives any insight.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I am about 100 miles southwest of you in KY. There is a pretty good local group of ADV riders in S. OH....check out ADVrider forum.

I ride some in N. KY just southeast of you around Maysville. There is a neat circuit of about a dozen Covered bridges in the area.

Rabbit Hash (I think that's it) has a large group of weekend riders show up in a small town on the Ohio river southwest of you, but they are mostly evil cruiser types...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott, thanks for the insight and I will hop over to ADV and peruse around.

Jokermtb, I'm a little afraid to ask what Skyline is when you mention a 3-way and your tag states what it does.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Its the best chili in the country.

3 way cheese, beans, chili
4 way gets onions

We have one by the office

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Welcome from Newark.....

Get with ferret on ADV rider, and rideohio.org he lives in New Richmond and knows all of the good roads in SW Ohio, and northern KY..............

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Its the best chili in the country.

3 way cheese, beans, chili
4 way gets onions

We have one by the office
Yes - the Skyline is a local restaurant chain - famous for their unique take on chili. Basically spaghetti w/ chili and you add stuff in, to make a 3-way, 4-way, or a 5-way (loaded). It's not the most awesome thing ever, but it's definitely a Cinci thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your input on the area and the local food flare. I will look up Ferret and rideohio.org once I get settled in, in the coming months.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's the most disgusting thing ever.
Highly subjective. I think you have to actually be FROM cinci to appreciate Skyline. If not, it must be kept within the OH lines. We had one open up a couple years ago and it shut down in about six months. BTW, Richmond, IN, is right on the state line on I-70.

Ha. My first post and it's off topic. Not a very good start, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Five Way

O.K. Made it to Cincinnati and had a five way. I hate to say it but not my favorite regional fare but O.K. I do see though that chili is a favorite here which leaves the door open to take in other establishments.
I have decided to hold off on buying property until I have time to learn about the area.
Thank you again to all who offered feedback on the area.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah. Don't base your decision in that chili. SW Ohio is nice. King's Island is great to have nearby. Need groceries? Head to Jungle Jim's in Hamilton. Awesome selection of beer and, well, anything else you can possibly think of. Oh, and get out on that bike. Ohio definitely knows how to make great driving/riding roads.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are some nice roads northwest of Cincy towards Brookville IN., try 229 between Batesville and Metamora (the chicken can't be beat at the Brau House or Wagners in Oldenburg!). Also, there are some really nice areas down towards Paris, Ky.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was just on 229 last weekend. A long-time fav! Take some of the little roads that shoot off East or West of 229. Nice canopy covered lanes with abundant wildlife (be careful). Just don't go down any driveways. They might come out shootin'!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the area. Kentucky has some wonderful roads to explore as does eastern Ohio. I believe others mentioned Advrider and also check Localriders. Folks get together for rides here and often post routes. Don't forget trips to Blue Ridge Parkway area too...many nice roads split off the BRP.
As for Skyline, It helps to be drunk and in college to appreciate the runny baby sauce that they call chili... in my opinion.

Hope you enjoy the area,
Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's the most disgusting thing ever.
I agree.....:thumbdown:
Right on, it's no Gold Star for sure:biggrinjester:

The Cinci take on chili is lost on me, I've never had a Cinci "chili" I've cared for.

A little help for riding is to check out the chicken trail here Brookville Canoefest

And start linking them together, you'll get fed and find some nice riding:hurray:

I've eaten in several of them and never had a bad meal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts