StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I’ve been combing this site and the internet in general as to the chudder the Strom seems to be famous for. I tested this morning to ensure it is in fact chudder and not another issue. Could anyone point me to someone who fixes this currently? I’ve seen a couple people talk about a guy who modifies the basket(?) but don’t remember how current they are. I ride an 03 1000. I’d also like to find something or someone that won’t break the bank. Everyone says it makes a huge difference, but I’m inclined to keep the chudder if a solution is too expensive. The world of nursing doesn’t support my Strom habit very well. Thank you for any help and for your time.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,343 Posts
I can help! My signature below will get you to my website. Cost is $310 including return shipping for modifying your basket. They are smoother than a brand new OEM basket. More importantly they stay that way! The modified baskets simply do not wear like the OEM parts do. Because of the extra bearing the WERKS modified baskets have, and the upgraded bearing materials and precision fitting of all the parts they are aligned like they should be and that puts less stress on all the parts. You will need a new OEM clutch cover gasket ( I keep those in stock ) and some oil and coolant. You will not need any new friction discs or steels. There is also an exchange program where I ship a basket built on a good used core, you install that and ship back to me your old basket. There is a core deposit on that up front, but net cost only adds $20.

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts
Terry is the man......MANY happy customers worldwide. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can help! My signature below will get you to my website. Cost is $310 including return shipping for modifying your basket. They are smoother than a brand new OEM basket. More importantly they stay that way! The modified baskets simply do not wear like the OEM parts do. Because of the extra bearing the WERKS modified baskets have, and the upgraded bearing materials and precision fitting of all the parts they are aligned like they should be and that puts less stress on all the parts. You will need a new OEM clutch cover gasket ( I keep those in stock ) and some oil and coolant. You will not need any new friction discs or steels. There is also an exchange program where I ship a basket built on a good used core, you install that and ship back to me your old basket. There is a core deposit on that up front, but net cost only adds $20.
I can highly recommend Terry's fix he is pointing you to here. I installed his modded clutch basket on my 2003 DL1000 it transformed the bike. Furthermore if you have some mechanics skills and follow his video you can do the work yourself and save tons of $s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts