StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some scratches on the light lens of my Vee, as well as the windshield. I used the product below to remove a lot of the scratches, and mico scratches. It did not work too well on a deep gouge, but worked well on the others. I did have to rub for a looooong time, but made a big improvement, with no damage. Also used on the glossy black nose between the lenses, and up and around the light lens.

Hope this helps someone.

Chrome & Metal Polish by Turtle Wax in a squeeze bottle, 11fl/oz with bar code 074660002841 bought from Autozone.

· Registered
299 Posts
Mother's Aluminum polish works very well on many plastic lens and harder plastic surfaces.

In a previous life I was machining prototype optical lens from acrylic sheet stock and after very fine (1200 grit) wet sanding I'd follow it up with Mother's Aluminum polish and I could get a near optically perfect surface.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, hopefully it will help someone.

I have a small smear on the lens that the polish did not take out, and was thinking of using 1000 wet and dry, followed by the polish, any thoughts?

· Registered
299 Posts
I have a small smear on the lens that the polish did not take out, and was thinking of using 1000 wet and dry, followed by the polish, any thoughts?
Sounds reasonable to me. Just keep using circular motions criss crossing the area as much as possible, ie try to reverse your pattern, if that makes sense. Try to stay away from linear motions as much as possible.

· Registered
522 Posts
Use one of those polishing balls that install on a drill. It takes all the work out of it. Make sure to use low rpm's or you can melt the surface of the plastic. I finish rubbing it out by hand with an a nice soft cloth. In a pinch, toothpaste also works very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.