StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a whole afternoon installing 3 sets of LED lighting.
In your opinion, is it worth it?

http://picasaweb.google.com/Maelstrom04/BTLEDs#

In addition, I changed the front light bulbs from the original to the Sylvania 4100° K.
I noticed tha since I did that, cagers I'm following tend to move over and let me pass, even if I'm at a safe distance behind them, at the same speed and not flashing.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
NO.

Unless they're looking for you.

Be careful, it's a jungle out there.

All it will do is prevent you from being able to plug in all of your heated riding gear.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I don't know about the lights, if you like them, that's all that matters!

You could do the rest of us a favor and take some better photos of your helper, though...

...somebody's going to say it, might as well be me...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Looks great, but!!!!!
Drunks are drawn to bright lights.
Cops are starting to tame down the lights on their cars because of drunks locking on to them and driving in to the cruisers.
Mike

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sure it's worth it if that's what pleases YOU, It's your bike!! Just don't get to comfortable with a false sense of security. You could ride with a lighthouse on your handlebars and one on your arse and some daydreaming, makeup-
applying, shaving , reading, texting, eating, i-pod adjusting moron will still find some excuse not to see you! You are your own best defense.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I don't know about the lights, if you like them, that's all that matters!

You could do the rest of us a favor and take some better photos of your helper, though...

...somebody's going to say it, might as well be me...
HERE! Have fun, a good part of my picture collection, with vacations, trips and travels mostly on two weels.

http://picasaweb.google.com/malestrom04

Regarding the sense of security, I will never let the guard down, that's the recepie to get killed fast.
Some extra light might, I repeat might, help me to make the idiot tailgating me that he/she is too close and need to back off.
God willing.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
All it will do is prevent you from being able to plug in all of your heated riding gear.
Um, the extra lights are all LEDs, right?. Even that many don't draw more than the brake light bulbs (I think).

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Are those Kisan Vectralights on the mirrors? If so, is it possible to disable the sequential flashing?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Um, the extra lights are all LEDs, right?. Even that many don't draw more than the brake light bulbs (I think).
He's in South Florida, it was my pathetic attempt at humor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does the red lights on your mirrors distract you? Can you see them from the riding position.

BTW, your above link doesn't work...
Just a little bit, because the system isn't 100% yet and they flash low-hi intensity when the engine revvs.
If they were just solid as the are supposed to, it would take just a little time to get used to it.

The link now works or you can copy/paste it in the address bar.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Even if they do see the LED's, "I didn't see him" will still be their excuse for smashing into you. For some reason many people think it's an acceptable excuse, true or not. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even if they do see the LED's, "I didn't see him" will still be their excuse for smashing into you. For some reason many people think it's an acceptable excuse, true or not. ;)
Oh, Golly! I was swinging that baseball bat and I REALLY didn't see you right in front of me!, Sorry for your front teeth.
Say hi to Jerry Springer, now, will ya?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Signal Mirrors

Hi,

How bright are the mirror-mount vectralights?

I am thinking about mounting these, or a home-made LED array on the botom of the handguards. Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Jeff

1 - 20 of 24 Posts