StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local motorcycle show outside of Baltimore, Md. yesterday.

On display in a row they had a bright Red Vee, a 2011 Black Wee, and the 2012 Orange Wee. Right across the isle sat a Black Yamaha Super Tenere. 60 feet away was the Triumph display with the 800 and 1050 Tigers. A short walk away a red Ducati Multistrada and the BMW display, but with only a 800cc GS on display. Cant remember so many "adventure" bikes on display at this show before.

Personally, and this is my opinion only, the new Wee looks really very nice but not worth the thousands it would cost to up grade from my current Wee. And it definitely feels like a smaller bike. The Tigers and BMW GS800 look solid but the Super Tenere, with its shaft drive, 1200cc, ABS, traction control, and riding position almost the same as my Wee would be my choice if I was in the market today. That bike is very well done.

Of course, the show was packed and the cruisers, Harleys and sportbikes were swamped . . . but really nobody looking at any of the Stroms.

Craig

·
Registered
526 Posts
Good to hear the ADV bikes getting some floor space. The Stroms still seem to be a secret here in the States. I don't know that I've ever seen a Strom on a commercial...or any ADV type for that matter.

It's like the ADV world is an underground movement.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The centrally displayed bike at the Suzuki exhibit at the Chicago Motorcycle Show this year was a DL650 Adventure. A Suzuki rep said adventure bikes are starting to get really popular in the USA.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'am glad to see the Adventure bikes too. I rode a Tenere and boy is it big!
I dwafts my Wee. I really don't see me riding a bike that big and expensive in the dirt. I think the Wee would do just as well after being setup right. But none can compare to the DRZ in the dirt or forest service roads.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Well they have to chase older semi well heeld guys that might actually think for themselves and have an idea what they want to do.

There is no more refinance the equity in the house model that really fueled the cruiser revolution.

·
Registered
56 Posts
when I went to the seattle show, Suzuki had the adventure model up on a rotating 360 degree platform. Not many people paid attention to it, but the standard orange/black model was swamped...mostly because you could sit on it and try it on for size.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
when I went to the seattle show, Suzuki had the adventure model up on a rotating 360 degree platform. Not many people paid attention to it, but the standard orange/black model was swamped...mostly because you could sit on it and try it on for size.
Same with Chicago and probably everywhere else.

·
Registered
83 Posts
About a month ago I saw a new Tiger with driving lights, taller windshield and aluminum panniers, etc. It would tempt me if I were looking.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts