StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that 3/4 of my order for accessories w/ Twisted Throttle is on backorder.... for a month!!! :thumbdown:

Of course they don't tell you that when you actually place the order-- only afterwards...

What are some alternate suppliers for skidplates, tailracks, engine guards, pannier systems etc??

I've sent emails to happy trails about panniers, but will need to find a supplier for madstad, centerstand, engine guards, skidplate, fender extender, and a tailrack that will allow me to mount a Givi V46

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
So they take your money before they tell you it's backordered? :furious:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have to admit, the more I hear about Twisted Throttle the sketchier they sound.

·
Registered
536 Posts
So they take your money before they tell you it's backordered? :furious:
Not uncommon for some retailers. They usually cover that with a disclaimer in their "policies," like here.

ronski said:
...3/4 of my order for accessories w/ Twisted Throttle is on backorder.... for a month!!!
Hey ron. For the benefit of others, what exactly is on back order?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
If you order from the website, it tells you if it's stock or not before you click the "add to cart" button. I've also found that backorders can come in a few weeks earlier than expected, and if it is backordered, the charge doesn't go through until it ships.

Been using these guys to outfit 5 bikes over the past 8 years and never had an issue. If I ever do, it's an hour ride for me to go and yell at them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh Jeeze...I'm a freaking idiot. I misread the email-- only two of the items (out of 6) are backordered-- the confirmation listed dates of shipping all items together as 4/26/12....:headbang:

Time for an introduction...

Hi, I'm Ron, and I'm a douchebag......who can't read...... :green_lol:

The stuff that is backordered is the fender extender and the Sw Motech centerstand-- that is, if I am reading it correctly!!! :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've had good experiences with Adventure Moto Stuff (.com)
Suzuki

I like how they list directly on their site how much of each product they have left :thumbup:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have had excellent luck so far with Adventure moto stuff. They tell you on their website what they have in stock. This is a huge plus for me as a consumer and I check their site first. Smart marketing!

I have made it a normal business habit over the years to call a vendor and ask if they can "touch" the product on the shelf before I place the order. This has worked everytime. If a vendor does not have he product on the shelf, they could be a middleman for he manufacture or just out of product. So I move on to someone who has the product on the shelf ready to drop ship. In usually 3-5 days it's at my door step, sometimes longer.

Most m/c dealers know this, hence they don't carry much in inventory which is understandable.
I have not done business with Twisted throttle but understand your frustration. Seems like there is a disconnect some where in there supply chain?

The beautiful thing about the world wide web, you have options....:yesnod:

·
Registered
240 Posts
twsted throttle...

I have used these guys for years. I have found them "very" honest. All you have to do is simply ask them if they have the product...or not...before you order it on the phone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts